Info on baseball cards?

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
My brother in law and I just cleaned out my mother's storage for her and while we were going through stuff we found boxes and boxes worth of baseball cards. My older brother and sister were really into baseball and softball and collected a lot of cards when they were younger. Pretty much all are from the mid to early 90s from the looks of it.

They don't have the time to do anything with them due to their careers and families, so I told them that I would take a look and see if any are worth anything. I really don't expect them to be, but you never know. I have no idea where to start though. I haven't even really taken a look at many yet since there are so many.

Anybody know some good resources for looking up rarity and possible prices.

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
Im sure you have some that are worth some money.

Card collecting has really fallen off since the mid 90's but there are still a lot of hard core sports collector types out there that eat that stuff up.

Defiantely check out Beckett as posted above. You can look up baseball cards dating back to I think the sixties I believe. Anything that is worth any money will be posted. They have seperate Beckett magazines depending on what sport you are looking into.

Wish ya the best.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Ok, thanks. I looked around earlier at some sites but none seemed very helpful. I have a ton of cards to go through and it will probably take me some time. Anything more than a few bucks and I'll probably be happy.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
baseball cards have fell through the floor. theyre not worth sh*t any more. unless he has some olllld rare stuff. i had/have a bunch from the late 80s/early 90s and from what ive seen/heard theyre worth about as much as the paper theyre printed on. that's why MLB clamped down and stopped allowing so many companies to make bb cards any more.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
baseball cards have fell through the floor. theyre not worth sh*t any more. unless he has some olllld rare stuff. i had/have a bunch from the late 80s/early 90s and from what ive seen/heard theyre worth about as much as the paper theyre printed on. that's why MLB clamped down and stopped allowing so many companies to make bb cards any more.

+1 hopefully the will become "collectibles" again.

Users who are viewing this thread