Injector Question-Please Read!!!!!!!!

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
I just got my car back together yesterday after having the blower ported and took it to the dyno today and the car went lean at 5500 rpm's, so we added more fuel and the same result, so we added more fuel and still the same, then we added like 24%, all the fuel we had left and the A/F never changed, so we put a fuel pressure gauge on the car and it held good fuel pressure, has anyone ever heard of an 03,04 running out of injector at 470 rwhp. I have never heard of one running out of fuel that early. Please fill free to chime in. Here is the dyno sheet, so now the car sits again.
Porteddynosheet.jpg

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I dont see a HE in your sig...do you have one? what is the datalogger saying your timing is?not what is the timing in the program but what is the actual timing that car is at?

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Linn@AmazonRacing said:
I dont see a HE in your sig...do you have one? what is the datalogger saying your timing is?not what is the timing in the program but what is the actual timing that car is at?
Total timing the car see's is 20 degree's, most of the run it is at 19 degrees.

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
I tried to datalog the volts to my maf, and the predator has everything else on it except that, I can't find it anywhere. So I don't know forsure if it is maxed or not. I did datalog my pumps and they are maxed, they were at 49.9999%, so I diffenently need pumps. Anyone know where to get pumps, fast.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
get a bap and a mafxtender or sct maf. It is a complete waste to switch your pumps, the bap is a much better choice.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
This is exactly why I have put off the ported blower thing. I think it's a great mod for the money and is the best alternative to going the twin screw route but for anyone that does go this way there is a good possibility you will have to upgrade the MAF and/or fuel system in some way. It seems like every car reacts a little different. It's weird how some guys can be in the 500 club and still have a totally stock fuel system. If I knew I could use the stock fuel system I would do it right now. However, if I have to upgrade the injectors and/or pumps and/or MAF I'll just wait and do the KB/Whipple and be done with everything. I wish I had a crystal ball and knew.

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Well I think I will just do focus pumps and sct maf and do it once and be done with it. I figure thats the safe and smart thing to do.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
Very interesting. I just put my ported blower and a 4# lower on. Due to dyno on Tuesday. I'll be watching the MAF and A/F and will let you guys know how it turns out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Justin Blake said:
Well I think I will just do focus pumps and sct maf and do it once and be done with it. I figure thats the safe and smart thing to do.
Good choice! I went the Focus pumps route myself and was very happy. Both the BAP and pumps upgrade do the same basic thing but in different ways. Neither is necessarily better than the other. Some swear by the BAP while others would rather fix the issue mechanically with higher flowing pumps. Let us know how you make out. I'm confident your mods will solve your problem!

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Justin..you are having your MAF pegged,goes lean and it drops into another load table.. Since you are tuned with a Preditor the SCT MAF will not work but a MAFEXTender will. I would advise doing the fuel pump upgrade also and injectors..then you will be all ready for that Whipple :beer:

Last edited:

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Linn@AmazonRacing said:
Justin..you are having your MAF pegged,goes lean and it drops into another load table.. Since you are tuned with a Preditor the SCT MAF will not work but a MAFEXTender will. I would advise doing the fuel pump upgrade also and injectors..then you will be all ready for that Whipple :beer:
What does a predator tune have to do with a sct maf ? I have never heard of a predator not being able to tune around the maf before, am I missing something or what?

Snake40

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Good choice! I went the Focus pumps route myself and was very happy. Both the BAP and pumps upgrade do the same basic thing but in different ways. Neither is necessarily better than the other. Some swear by the BAP while others would rather fix the issue mechanically with higher flowing pumps. Let us know how you make out. I'm confident your mods will solve your problem!
How would I go about choosing between the BAP and the Focus pumps?
I have a ported blower, ported throttlebody, SCT MAF and flash tuner , and injectors on the way. I was hoping the fuel pumps would be OK if I didnt go past these mods.

Tat03Cobra

Established Member
I thought the Predator could read maf voltage? I could swear I read mine once while datalogging...

peace

Users who are viewing this thread