Injectors being compatible with boost??

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Anyone had an issue with tuning due to the injectors not being compatible with boost? Seems really odd to me. I have some 50 lb Delphi injectors, that a bought from a member here. The tuner said that the reason my car winds up dying n not restarting after throttling up is that the injectors can't go above 55 psi and it is spiking the fuel pressure. Then it takes so long to bleed off that it won't restart. Has anyone run into this before? I wasn't told this directly from the tuner, which pisses me off. I had to get it third party, but that's neither nor there.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Sounds like he's trying to describe flooding. Which if it is a quick test is to floor the throttle and try to start the car. But I've never heard of injectors not being compatible with boost. Injectors don't know how the air is being introduced into the motor. They just let the fuel in when the computer tells them to.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Sounds like he's trying to describe flooding. Which if it is a quick test is to floor the throttle and try to start the car. But I've never heard of injectors not being compatible with boost. Injectors don't know how the air is being introduced into the motor. They just let the fuel in when the computer tells them to.

See, that's what I was thinking. It is definitely flooding, but flooring it to cut off the injectors seems to be too late, like the damage is already done.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Flooring it would give it a chance to clear the extra fuel. It sounds like his tune is still off somewhere.

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Now they are claiming that the injectors are locking up. Said that I need new ones n want to sell me on a set of Ford Racing injectors for $590 plus an hour labor!

SSeatr

Established Member
Now they are claiming that the injectors are locking up. Said that I need new ones n want to sell me on a set of Ford Racing injectors for $590 plus an hour labor!

$590 plus labor is VERY high. Sounds like he's trying to take advantage of you.

I mean he has to mark stuff up and make a profit, but charging you $200 more then 80's go for is ridiculous then add $100 for labor. You could buy the bosch 105# for that price lol

PM or call tousley ford I forgot what I paid for my 80's from them. Wasn't even close to $590

Assuming he is talking about FRPP 80# injectors

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yup. Not sure if I trust them. I've seen many people run Siemens deka injectors on this board. He acted like these outrageous FRPP injectors are the only ones to be trusted.

I'm running SD 80lbers. I paid between 360-370 for them. It's been awhile since I bought them. Personally I'd pick up my car and move on.

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
$590 plus labor is VERY high. Sounds like he's trying to take advantage of you.

I mean he has to mark stuff up and make a profit, but charging you $200 more then 80's go for is ridiculous then add $100 for labor. You could buy the bosch 105# for that price lol

PM or call tousley ford I forgot what I paid for my 80's from them. Wasn't even close to $590

Assuming he is talking about FRPP 80# injectors

The 590 price wasn't even for 80s. It was 60s!!

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Spoke with a tuner that I trust and got some input. The problem really seems to be that SCT doesn't have a fuel graph for these injectors. He said he'd be pulling his hair out trying to tune the car with them. I'm not sure why the shop that has my car couldn't just say that, but at least I have a more realistic problem. Looks like I'm getting some 60s... :(

Zacharyx

Established Member
pretty sure SCT has a file for 55# injectors, may wanna go looking for a new Tuner

01yellercobra

Established Member
If SCT doesn't have a file then the needed information should be available from the manufacturer.

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
pretty sure SCT has a file for 55# injectors, may wanna go looking for a new Tuner

If I had a way to snatch up my car right now, I would. When I told them that I have some SD 60s on the way, because I was not going to pay $590 plus labor, he said, "yeah, those might work..."

Might!? Half the blown mod motor population or more run SD injectors!! How the hell can it be a problem!?

01yellercobra

Established Member
What's keeping you from getting your car? It sounds like the sooner you get away from them the better.

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Turns out the injectors are just junk. They won't release the pressure that gets spiked from the boost, when you let off the throttle. Hopefully, the 60s save the day n my car gets to come home. Damn thing hasn't even been parked once at my place since moving in back in may of last year.

01yellercobra

Established Member
My brain might be a little fried from work and school, but that doesn't make sense to me. Going by that thought process then I think your injectors are releasing the pressure because your motor keeps flooding. It sounds like they're releasing the pressure just fine. I still wouldn't trust the tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread