Inside info

CGoeschel

Established Member
Highly doubtful that they're going to use the actual GT motor and sell it the car for 40-45k. Do a little searching and youll find that the GT motor costs around 40K alone in the aftermarket. 24 days and counting till the NY Auto Show...............do you think we'll see some leaked pics in the days before?

01svtL

Established Member
My dad is at the top of the waiting list for the new shelby gt 500 at a svt dealership in Houston. His guy told him about a month ago pretty much the same thing that is stated in the first thread .... shelby and svt won't come out with two different cars.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
CGoeschel said:
Highly doubtful that they're going to use the actual GT motor and sell it the car for 40-45k. Do a little searching and youll find that the GT motor costs around 40K alone in the aftermarket. 24 days and counting till the NY Auto Show...............do you think we'll see some leaked pics in the days before?
it costs that to buy one retail, not necessarily to make one. Ford should be able to produce that motor for less money and put it in the Cobra. They may have to cut a few corners (dry sump, etc.), but, it could still be close.

I think we will see some leaked photos the week of the release. They did that with the '05, '05 vert, '06 vette and '07 Z06.

Even if it doesn't have the GT motor, I'll probably still be dropping my deposit.

TheRod1976

Blue - The Fastest Color
Established Member
DAVESVT2000 said:
Rod, not asking for anything confidential here, but do you know the exact date of the NY auto show that the car will be unvieled? I am planning on going Wed. March 30th, but would change that date if the car were to be shown say a day or two later...

It should be there when the show starts, not sure exactly what day that is. I'll be at the show on the 31st or the 1st myself. Shelby does have something to do with the car and don't be surprised if you see his name on it at the show...just keep in mind things can change before the vehicle goes into final production. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread