Inside info

CGoeschel

Established Member
Well, we'll see on March 23'rd if my info is correct. I was told the next SVT Mustangs will be introduced at the New York Auto Show as the Shelby GT 350 and GT 500. Both numbers will reflect horsepower of the engines offered. Sorry, no definte motor info other than HP and that the 500 will be using the Whipple and the 350 will be naturally aspirated. Both will have SVT badging, but not SVT exclusive like in the past. Something more like "Shelby by SVT". Cant wait to see if the info is on the mark....it comes from a very reputable source inside of Ford of which I cannot name.

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
How cool would that be to have the Shelby GT350 & GT500 back? :bowdown:
That way everyone who wants a n/a or s/c car would have a choice. Make mine 500 hp and supercharged. :D

Last edited:

Slowbra01

Established Member
they should make the lower model at least 400hp... 350 is lower than previous.. should always be improving not stepping down powerwise.. =(

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
I had heard repeatedly that they were testing 4.6 & 5.4. The only other (engine related rumor) that I heard was that the 5.4 (blown) was approved. I never heard of the possibility of variations for svt. Maybe there will really be a '350. Very cool to have choices, very cool.
My choice? The blown 5.4 'vert, of course! :burnout:
Call me greedy...

TheRod1976

Blue - The Fastest Color
Established Member
I'm not bashing what you've said but that's not what I heard, but then again, I don't need to lose my job over it. Just wait until the New York show and everyone will have their answers. I should be there.

Last edited:

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
" HOT DAM " Now that is what I am talking about.

Man, I can't wait.

If 500 hp will be offered, I will for sure buy.

Although the 300C has been looking really good, but to me that is more of a retirement type car. But it is my second choice. The 300C looks like the official Mafia car when 22inch wheels are mounted ;-)if you no what I mean :-D

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
If they make 2 models that would be awesome, an extreme light weight 350 horse road racer and maybe a 50 grand drag racer to compete with the vettes. Either way i cant wait, its gonna be big.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
TheRod1976 said:
I'm not bashing what you've said but that's not what I heard, but then again, I don't need to lose my job over it. Just wait until the New York show and everyone will have their answers. I should be there.

Rod, not asking for anything confidential here, but do you know the exact date of the NY auto show that the car will be unvieled? I am planning on going Wed. March 30th, but would change that date if the car were to be shown say a day or two later...

Crazycarl

Established Member
I talked to a Ford suit at the Cleveland auto show yesturday and he said the same thing about the name, he gave me a horspower hnumber, he said somewhere around 550. Asked him about price and he said around 40k. I asked if it was Kenne Bell or Whipple he said he can not tell me that but said it was the 5.4 liter. Just my 2 censt and research.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Crazycarl said:
I talked to a Ford suit at the Cleveland auto show yesturday and he said the same thing about the name, he gave me a horspower hnumber, he said somewhere around 550. Asked him about price and he said around 40k. I asked if it was Kenne Bell or Whipple he said he can not tell me that but said it was the 5.4 liter. Just my 2 censt and research.
If 40K (or even 45k) for 550hp (likely Ford GT motor) is true, I will be placing my deposit the day after they unveil it.

Users who are viewing this thread