Insomnia....longest you've stayed awake?

JerseySVT

Established Member
This is strange. Never happened to me before. As of right now, I'm going on 45 hours without sleep. I've been groggy all day, but not able to fall asleep. I started getting really tired and thought I could take a nap finally, but then all of a sudden I feel as if I drank 10 cups of coffee. I have so much energy right now, I don't know, I can't even explain it. I've only been drinking water, making sure not to take in any caffeine, and I can't eat cause I feel sick from being awake so long. I even tried taking 1500mg Vicodin, which usually knocks me out in an hour or so, but its almost as if it had the complete opposite effect. If I can't fall asleep by tomorrow morning, I'm gonna see the doctor. I seriously feel like I can run a marathon right now. :poke:

Has this happened to anyone else? And how long have you stayed awake without sleeping?

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
40 hours or so because of finals. if you're really hard up for sleep have a few slugs of nyquil or have more than a few drinks

Juiced-03

Established Member
I have to get 7-8 hours of sleep everyday. I simply cannot go a full day without getting sleep before and after.

slick0478

Established Member
I have stayed up for days also, But I am also a shift worker (night shift right now) and have been for years. I can only tell you don't try to sleep just watch tv-read a book and fall asleep you will get better rest and a true sleep also might want to take the day off and sleep until you wake up not by alarm.(this is the only way to refuel yourself your body will not let you sleep any longer than needed) This will get you back on track it is all mental now your body wants to sleep but your mind is keeping you up and this sucks, I know

Good luck
Slick

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I never have slept, for some reason I just don't require it. They actually did a study on me at several hospitals and sleep clinics. I'm 40 years old and I think there are only about 1 in 500,000 individuals who fall into this category, although it is not recognized at all by the medical community.

Last edited:

Bass

pour me another
Established Member
close to eighty hrs. plowing but by the end i did a little powdered enthusiasm. and i hate that shit but i had to.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
PowerWheels said:
I never have slept, for some reason I just don't require it. They actually did a study on me at several hospitals and sleep clinics. I'm 40 years old and I think there are only about 1 in 500,000 individuals who fall into this category.
Are you serious, what do you do with all that time

MikeDSVT

Established Member
48hrs i took some adernal for finals week thats why

I know a kid who stayed awake for 5 days straight...he then slept for liek 2 dyas straight, wierd friggen kid

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Oops, sorry about the typo I stayed up like 2 days once and my eyes were totally red. :sleeping:

Last edited:

JerseySVT

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys. They're appreciated. I just took a ride up to my sister's and she gave me some Ambien. Hopefully I'll be out like a light in an hour or so.

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
PowerWheels said:
I never have slept, for some reason I just don't require it. They actually did a study on me at several hospitals and sleep clinics. I'm 40 years old and I think there are only about 1 in 500,000 individuals who fall into this category, although it is not recognized at all by the medical community.

:??:

So you never sleep?

Steeltwo

Established Member
72 hours and change

slept for 13 hours after

woke up
pissed, ate
back to sleep for another 8 :-D

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
almost 5 days, and I was able to eat one Mcd's cheeseburger. Thanks to Pike Hell Week. Its funny, to be that tired, and lil food, you laugh at anything and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread