Install done. Just got back from JDM

TIAMAT

Established Member
Had stage 1, 4# lower pulley and tr6's installed monday. Truck has a whole new personality. Like it big time. I went with the j39 cold/j69warm weather flip chip. The chirp going into 2nd was awesome. Can't wait to get to the track. I drove 28 hrs in 3 days and it was well worth the trip. Jim gives you a ton of info on our L'sand what your truck can and can't handle. He can tune to the way you drive. :-D :lol1: :idea:

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
Hello Tiamat :

I think our paths crossed last Monday evening. Was having some work done by Jdm ourselves and we pulled into the hotel late Monday night and lo and behold there was a black lightning with Illinois plates sitting in the corner closest to the highway. Was hoping to meet the owner Tuesday morning but when we got up to go to Jdm the black lightning was gone.
We got the same thing done as you. I am extremely happy with the mods. Makes it a whole new truck and Jim and the crew at Jdm were great.

Anyway , glad everything turned out great for you as it did for us also.

Performance Mods
JDM flip chip . JDM cold air induction . JDM 4 lb. interchangeable lower pulley .
JDM boost bypass . Oil breather cap . Ngk-Tr6 Plugs .
Inline valve body . Deep sump pan and filter .
Appearance Mods
Stull billet grille . Bullitt gas cap . Astrocap lid . Ground Force 2/1 lowering kit .
20% window tint . Herbs washers . Lightning floor mats .

Lightning website

F150online gallery

432-1735-22110.jpg

TIAMAT

Established Member
BuiltFordFast
Myself and my wife left early that tuesday morning. I have yet to try the warm (j69) side. I will soon. Happy racing.:thumbsup:

steve goddard

Established Member
Originally posted by LEAD LARRY
Do you guys know of a tuner that compares to JDM on the west coast?:shrug:

Larry,
Try contacting Kenne Belle in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. ( 909 ) 941-6646. They are well know for supercharger modifications on L's. If they are not to your liking they can refer you to another company ( I don't remember the name ) around the corner that also tunes L's and has a dyno and works with Superchip.

I personally went with JDM and Paul's HP ( Jackson, Michigan ) for my L parts and consultation. Being here in Los Angeles I was reluctant to work with someone so far away but Paul ( paulshp.com ) really got the chip ( after a couple of minor problems ) etc. working great. The combo I'm running now is excellent. My L is a monster and sounds great also. I highly recommend Paul and his staff.

Regards, Steve

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by steve goddard

Larry,
Try contacting Kenne Belle in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. ( 909 ) 941-6646. They are well know for supercharger modifications on L's. If they are not to your liking they can refer you to another company ( I don't remember the name ) around the corner that also tunes L's and has a dyno and works with Superchip.

I personally went with JDM and Paul's HP ( Jackson, Michigan ) for my L parts and consultation. Being here in Los Angeles I was reluctant to work with someone so far away but Paul ( paulshp.com ) really got the chip ( after a couple of minor problems ) etc. working great. The combo I'm running now is excellent. My L is a monster and sounds great also. I highly recommend Paul and his staff.

Regards, Steve

Thanks Steve. I'll check them out. :beer:

JeffsLightning

Established Member
Originally posted by TIAMAT
BuiltFordFast
Myself and my wife left early that tuesday morning. I have yet to try the warm (j69) side. I will soon. Happy racing.:thumbsup:

Here is what I was told about the J69..
Justin@JDM wrote on 02-27-2002 07:03 PM:
Hey Jeff,

Sorry about the delayed response. Jim said to definitely stick with the program youve got. THe 69 program is really made for people who live down south.

I have the same mods as you and live in Crete...Maybe Tinley is south of Crete...lol NOT...

TIAMAT

Established Member
Jeff
We have high temps and high humidity. My flip chip has the j39 and j69. The j39 is the cold side and is a real safe tune which can be used year round. The j69 is the warm agressive side and can be used year round but when the temp gets around 60deg you should use race fuel.

JeffsLightning

Established Member
I'm aware of what kind of temp/humidity we see here. I live maybe 10/15 miles from you. I wanted the J69 program and they knew exactly where I live. I have the same mods as you do. My point is that we both got different answers to what program we can run. I don't understand why. Maybe Jim or Justin could enlighten me....

TIAMAT

Established Member
He gave me many options on my tune. I wanted a safe tune for sure on one side. I will go to the track only a few times a year to really race. He recommended the j69 because it is safe for the warm weather and if i decided to use it as i will say 65deg and under i can mix 1 to 1 and add race fuel. While i have not used the warm side yet, i will when i go to the track. Jim's great, he gave me many choices but what he recommended i took.:coolman:

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
Hello Tiamat :

Just wondering if you have flipped the switch yet?
I flipped mine(to passenger side) last weekend.
Seems very streetable to me and one thing I noticed right away was that the shifting happened a little higher up the rpm band.

I was thrilled when I got that nice little bark out of the tires thru the 1-2 shift, well now on the warm weather program that bark
turns into downright laying rubber thru the 1-2.
I think I'm going to leave it be for now, after all, it is warm out.:)

Anyway, let me know what you think when you flip that switch!

Take care for now
Dave

Performance Mods
JDM flip chip . JDM cold air induction . JDM 4 lb. interchangeable lower pulley .
JDM boost bypass . Oil breather cap . Ngk-Tr6 Plugs .
Inline valve body . Deep sump pan and filter .
Appearance Mods
Stull billet grille . Bullitt gas cap . Astrocap lid . Ground Force 2/1 lowering kit .
20% window tint . Herbs washers . Lightning floor mats .

Lightning website

F150online gallery

432-1735-22110.jpg

TIAMAT

Established Member
BuiltFordFast
Actually i have not flipped the switch yet. I was told that after i had all this stuff installed i would need about 150 miles for the truck to get used to the programs. I've had it on the j39 cool side since install. When you switched sides is there a learning time frame for the computer? I will be hitting the road with the WARM j69 side this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread