Install of a Kenne Bell 3.6 Question in Texas

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
Who in Texas can install a Kenne Bell 3.6 including Boost-a-pump and any supporting mods in Texas on a 2013 Shelby GT500? Not someone who will be learning but a shop who is bad-arse with no issues and know exactly what they're doing? Thank you.

NELCO

Established Member
I just installed my 2.8 LC, I just need to wire in BAP,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It is a lot of work but very satisfying since I did it all by myself..............

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
I'm going to install my 3.6 kit myself too.. can't be that hard lol.. I will find out when it gets here.

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
The directions are weak and I mean weak........... What year is your car??????????????
My car is a 2013.. I heard that kenne bell has some of the best instructions vs other kits..

That's the first I've heard someone say the instructions are bad.

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
I would rather not learn on my $65,000.00 dollar car and leave this type of job to the pros. Yes, I understand the feeling of-I did it by myself but if a problem arises- I'd rather have a professional working on my car that this install is second nature to- I was raised next to my Uncle's garage. I know a lot of terminology, parts, and how stuff works-I am an expert at taking apart-not so much putting back together-Ha! I know my limits.....it is just a thought right now anyways-my car is 100% stock at 1950 miles as of now.

Nelco, why 2.8 versus 3.6? Super Snake is using the 3.6 in its builds I think on 13/14's?

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
Maximum Velocity in San Antonio can install it! The shop owner has a 4.2 on her Boss 302! They've installed plenty of KB's there!

Mike

railroad

Established Member
Brenspeed has a shop in Texas I think. They installed my son's Edelbrock s/c. Their shop is immaculate. They treat your car like it was their own. Very clean, neat, and no issues. If the KB does not have its own tune, they have a dyno and can do the tuning. Great people and great work. We bought the s/c through them and had it installed for about what the s/c would have cost us. A real no brainer. I installed my KB on my 99 Cobra and was going to do my son's until we got the price.

TORQJNKY

I would rather not learn on my $65,000.00 dollar car and leave this type of job to the pros. Yes, I understand the feeling of-I did it by myself but if a problem arises- I'd rather have a professional working on my car that this install is second nature to- I was raised next to my Uncle's garage. I know a lot of terminology, parts, and how stuff works-I am an expert at taking apart-not so much putting back together-Ha! I know my limits.....it is just a thought right now anyways-my car is 100% stock at 1950 miles as of now.

Nelco, why 2.8 versus 3.6? Super Snake is using the 3.6 in its builds I think on 13/14's?

Did you buy the K-Member lowering kit or do you have an aftermarket hood? 3.6 won't clear the stock hood without lowering the engine. I'm assuming Nelco installed a 2.8 maybe because he didn't want to lower the K-member or change his hood...which would be far more involved.

Last edited:

12gt500

Established Member
I am very picky when it comes to do install work on my car let alone tuning. I would trust gear heads in Arlington tx they really know what there doing. And the owner Travis is a great guy down to earth and he will work with you on price to where it is fair. They don't act like they are above you which is really cool too.

Hourigan218

Established Member
Yes Tracy at maximum velocity is damn good. No b.s. to deal with and will dyno it there as well. You.will be able.yo have it data logged.

Rail1

Established Member
Read the instructions from front to back before you start. It is not a hard install just take your time. If it is not a stock KB install and you have questions contact Van at Revan Racing. He has all the goods to take your setup to the next level.

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
Read the instructions from front to back before you start. It is not a hard install just take your time. If it is not a stock KB install and you have questions contact Van at Revan Racing. He has all the goods to take your setup to the next level.
Yup, Van took good care of me! Just trying to pass some time waiting for it to arrive lol, thought I'd ask for a few tips. Is it more involved than a TVS swap?

Users who are viewing this thread