Installation of Lunar gauges in a 2-gauge A-Pillar Pod

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I need to install a set of Lunar gauges in an Auto Meter 2-gauge A-Pillar pod. Can someone who has done it post some basic instructions? I've only been told that it is not difficult to do. I've done a seach but can't find any basic, easy to follow instructions. I am going with the Lunar gauges because I want the lighting at night to match my instrument panel.

Thanks in advance.
:)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Chit just orderd mine from Jegs. Carbon Water Temp & Boost Gauge.
Need to take ur dash trim off. The worst part is the light switch. Play with a clip inside the switch to be able to release its hold.
Connecting. Think there was 3 bolts holding the wires for the light wires. Got to pick the wire that is the dimmer control. This way ur Aftermarket gauges arent brighter then ur stock ones.

I have the wire diagram at home. Hope some one can jump in to give u the colors of which is the wire. Or i'll check back in tomorrow with ya.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Bob,

I saw some posts last month with pictures of the Lunar gauges and the Phantom gauges (with a green bulb installed)...

The Phantoms seemed to match the dash better.

:beer:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
hey Cobrabob, let me know where you buy the A-pillar from and what the part number is, please. i already have a lunar boost gauge, so now i am trying to decide what other gauge i want.
thanks
Jersey
Pd: Poisonous Mods, what color was the dimmer control wire? if you connect it to that wire will the dimmer only work for the aftermarket guages? thanks

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Jmir. Im waiting to go home right now. 11hrs of work & thats it. I will go back up in about 3 hours from now.
Yes connecting to the Dimmer wire will dim or brighten both the Aftermarket Gauges & factory.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Petzuk
Bob,

I saw some posts last month with pictures of the Lunar gauges and the Phantom gauges (with a green bulb installed)...

The Phantoms seemed to match the dash better.
Thanks for the lead Peter. I'm going to have to do some more research. I know that Blades has the Lunar gauges and his seemed to perfectly match his stock gauges.

As much as I want to do this myself I'm inclined to find someone in the area who can do it. I don't want to attempt something, screw it up, and then in hindsight wish I had had someone else do it.

I will post part numbers when I make a decision on what the heck I'm going to buy. LOL!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Jmir & Cobra Bob.
Sorry its been a ruff day.
Dimmer
Color for the Dimmer on my car is Blue / White. (Thick Blue & Thin White)

Also strange thing my car has 2 x 1/4 Torx Bits on the Bezel. (chit no screws)

Taking the Light Switch Off.
Pull OUT the switch like ur turning on ur headlights. Feel around at the end of the Light Switch & u have a little Gap. Look at a little tab inside the tub....(hope u dont have a big head :) ). That tab must be pushed foward with a little screw driver or i just used a Light Test Meter to pull out the light switch Knob. While pushing it towards the engine u can start pulling it further towards you. Be patient on this one. Gets to be a pain in the A$$ the 1st time u do it. Wa La its done.

Well be careful taking out the Instrument Plastic Bezel. U dont want to pull or stronge arm it. Only 6 pins (not Screws) hold it in place.

2 x 7mm bolts hold the Light Switch Wires. Pull it out towards you but it wont streach that far out (Small Hands are nice to have some times).
There a Chrome piece that holds the Light Switch Wiring Harness. U can simple pull them apart (Dont force the issue or scratch ur Gauge Window). On the front of the Wiring Harness theres a little tab u can push in & pull the Blue / White wire..... I just simple used a 16 Gage wire & wrapped it around it & used Electrical Black Tap to secure it in place. Didnt want to splice or cut wires since the factory Wiring Harness is so short. Putting the Wire Harness back to its case is simple. The harness & its contacts are all shaped uniformely.

Now tomorrow is i just got to find a place to hook up my Positive Wire.

Oh make sure that the battery cables out. Dont want to burn a fuse(s) or static shock just in case & must important dont want to do some thing out of the norm & get the air bags to go off...which im sure is likely but safe then sorry. :)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Cobra Bob have u installed ur yet? Im having a bit of a hard time to find the right size of the T-Fitting. Got the 1/4 & its too big. Just got back with a 1/8 T-Fitting & its tooo freaking small to mate with the Stock Fittings.

WTF....Just my kind of day.

Help...this is the only thing keeping me from having the Boost hooked up. :(

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by OverToad
I remember this new user named "CobraBob". He was a curious little fellow who was ADAMANT about not modding his car.

Anyone ever hear of this guy? ;-)
:lol:
Never heard of him OverToad. HeeHee! Anyway, I think it was you who threw fuel on the fire and got me going. Ain't it fun?!

Users who are viewing this thread