installed dynomax 3" catback wow!

46stang

Established Member
well i recently added a Bassani O/R X pipe with my stock catback and could tell it was louder! I finally got my 3" Dynomax ultraflow catback today so i had to install it!! This thing is so freaking loud it's unreal! It's way louder than my old 300rwhp gt with bbk longtubes, O/R H, and two chamber flows! It's not too loud just cruising and lite excel but if you get on it :eek: Let me put it this way, I can't even hear the blower if the windows are down:eek: I may have to get cats to quiet it down! I'm going to try it for a while and see how it goes.
I am getting my chip dyno tuned on friday so I'll post the results! If you want loud this is the catback for you :beer:
Leon

docs03

Established Member
What is the part number for the dynomax kit?? Is it for a 03 or 01? Are the mufflers with the kit the race magnums?? Is the kit stainless?

I have a dynomax race magnum kit on my blown 347 stroker and it is great!!!

thanks in advance

doc

i8u

Established Member
Bassani reported a loss of torque with a 3 inch catback.
What do you think.
I was looking at this system also. I knew it would be loud but I didn't want to lose any torque.
Is bassani just blowing smoke to sell their product?

46stang

Established Member
I believe the part # is 19314 , it's recommended for 99-03 cobras. Only the tips are stainless steel, the rest is that uluminized stuff that don't rust. the whole catback was less than $400 to my door and It fit perfect! I would recommend cats though my O/R pipe is loud!

It doesn't feel like i lost any torque!sotp. I will know for sure on friday when i get it dyno tuned! I will post results!
Leon

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I tried doing my Lightning with L/Ts and no cats. NO WAY! Way too loud. I got a set of JDM free flowing cats. It made a huge difference and it sounds great. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread