Installed lethal off road x-pipe and stock mufflers today

Leonard 95

Established Member
Got around to installing my lethal off road x-pipe. The pipe went on smoothly, I thought it was gonna rub against my bmr driveshaft loop but it cleared it when it all got tightened down. I also removed my slp loudmouths and installed my stock mufflers back on since I knew it would be stupid loud with loudmouths. Its actually very tame with stock mufflers on, much quieter than the slp loudmouths. I thought it was gonna be way too loud with stock mufflers but I was wrong. Overall I am pleased, different sound and not overbearing loud.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Nice, I know this set-up

IMO, the stockers seem to last for a short period of time, i.e. 500 miles.
Then it seems they get very "tinny" sounding, like a Flow Master:shrug:

Let me know if this happens to you
g/l

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
David,

Thanks again for shopping with us. I'm glad you're happy with our offroad X. It's become a best seller of ours ever since we released it.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Thanks, Jared

Leonard 95

Established Member
I bet you pick up 15 or 20 horsepower with the catless x-pipe. Could you feel the difference after the install?

Probably so but I couldn't really get on it, been have some detonation issues that I haven't got resolved yet, don't know if its bad gas or what, just popped up last weekend and I didn't fill up lately.

Nice, I know this set-up

IMO, the stockers seem to last for a short period of time, i.e. 500 miles.
Then it seems they get very "tinny" sounding, like a Flow Master:shrug:

Let me know if this happens to you
g/l

It does have a slight tinny sound, nothing I would consider bad, really waiting for some 2010 mufflers to show up on the market to try those.

David,

Thanks again for shopping with us. I'm glad you're happy with our offroad X. It's become a best seller of ours ever since we released it.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Thanks, Jared

Thanks Jared, there is something else, hurry up and get that torco in that I ordered last week . :thumbsup:

GreggsSVT

Established Member
I bet it will pick up power up top but I was wondering if it might hurt low end torque a little. Has anyone ever done a dyno test ?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I bet it will pick up power up top but I was wondering if it might hurt low end torque a little. Has anyone ever done a dyno test ?

Dyno Testing the Lethal Performance 2010 GT500 on UPR's Mustang Dyno - Lethal Performance GT500 blog

Tune only
scan0002.jpg

Tune with Offroad X
scan0001.jpg

Leonard 95

Established Member
For those wondering, here is a little sound clip on the dyno that I had done yesterday.

[ame=http://s433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/03_sonicblue/Tulsa%20Dyno%20Day/?action=view&current=IMG_0578.flv]Tulsa Dyno Day :: David L video by 03_sonicblue - Photobucket[/ame]

BCisme

Established Member
this is my next part. I will be calling Lethal here soon to see what kind of awesome military pricing I qualify for. :)

sharke

Established Member
My car Dynod at 530 with Stage 2 Evo package and Lethal X-pipe. Its pretty bare speculation but considering that most dyno dynamics read a little low I think its safe to say I picked up a little extra power from it.

Users who are viewing this thread