Installed Motoblue diff brace today... Review inside, no pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

csumt76

Established Member
So I decided to go ahead and put the brace on today. Btw, this was done on an in ground two post lift using air tools and a deadman.

NOTE: I did not remove the exhaust....

After the car was in the air, I removed all the smaller factory bolts using a 3/8" air ratchet. The two large(15mm) were removed using a regular wrench by hand b/c they were tight as hell and somewhat rusty. Once, the stock bolts were removed, I loosened the clamp on the flow tube in front of the passenger side muffler(magnaflow catback.) Then, I swung down the passenger tailpipe probably 2-3 inches, just enough to slide the brace in place. I installed and tightened all of the small outer bolts included in the kit first and threaded them in by hand. The hardest of these bolts to get in was the one in the middle on the right side of the diff. I unbolted the right side tie rod and gently pryed the diff to the right to get this bolt in place. I tightened this bolt by hand with a 8mm 12 point wrench(most time consuming.) The tie rod bolt was reinstalled and tightened, then I put the large brace bolts in place. The top bolt slid in the hole no problem, but the lower bolt I had to pry down on the diff a little to get it slide in place b/c it is considerably longer than the stock bolt and hits the IRS subframe. The lower bolt threaded in with no problem. The upper large bolt was being a bitch, so I pulled it back out and found some aluminum from the brace on the threads. I blew it off with compressed air, put some more loctite on it and it went right in with no problems. Pushed the tailpipe back up into place and tightened the clamp, done.... Not as bad as I thought it would be. :beer:

I think it took me maybe an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. Not really sure though, didn't time it.

dougwg

Established Member
You installed an weak aluminum brace to keep from breaking a weak aluminum cover ?

When your diff cover breaks, call this number 313-388-8228

csumt76

Established Member
Alright, will do. I figure a solid CNC machined piece of aluminum is prett sturdy. If I'm not mistaken, the factory diff cover would be CAST aluminum.. Correct me If I'm wrong though. Do you have pics of a car grenading the diff cover with this brace?

Hey, and thanks for the pulleys, idlers, and install tool I just bought from you like 3 weeks ago...... I just spent $550 with you. doh! :shrug: WTF??

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
Sorry, I just don't have much confidence in an aluminum brace, you're also the first person that I know of that has bought one.

Their's was modeled directly from the BilletFlow IRS Brace. So the dimensions are the same...

1/4" of steel will always be stronger than 1/4" of aluminum, and more rigid, sorry.

682 sold with ZERO failures

csumt76

Established Member
Machinator said:
I am in that 682 somewhere and no problems yet.

Damn, thats over 100K in diff braces. Big timer....

I'll keep you posted if the pulleys blow the diff.

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Nice detail on the install, too bad it is a pos ripoff you put so much work into.

Motoblue=poop

csumt76

Established Member
postban said:
Nice detail on the install, too bad it is a pos ripoff you put so much work into.

Motoblue=poop

Do you have proof of this brace failing? Bunch of haters huh?

Too bad you have so many gay stickers on a car you put so much work into.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Too bad you have so many gay stickers on a car you put so much work into.

Brilliant. I see you've reverted back to 6th grade tactics. :nonono:

We aren't haters. We do however dislike companies that steal designs from a good guy and profit from them. The least they could do is make the product good, but nope...

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
dougwg said:
You installed an weak aluminum brace to keep from breaking a weak aluminum cover ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

love my billetflow one!

Last edited:

csumt76

Established Member
unit213 said:
Brilliant. I see you've reverted back to 6th grade tactics. :nonono:

We aren't haters. We do however dislike companies that steal designs from a good guy and profit from them. The least they could do is make the product good, but nope...

I would like to know why exactly you think the Motoblue brace is an inferior product. Did they copy the exact dimensions of the billet flow brace? Is there a patent on the design of the billet flow brace? How else could you build this brace for the diff cover? Seems like the only logical way to make it to me. I am not a fan of RPMouthouse as many of you call it. I liked the looks, billet design of the product and purchased it from them, that is all. As for future mods to my car, I will probably never purchase another product from them. Also, when I purchased the Motoblue brace, the billetflow piece was nowhere to be found. Sometimes if a company can not meet the demand for a certain product, consumers will result to other places to find what they want.

Lastly, I did not start this thread to get a review of the part that "I" chose to install on MY car. I started this thread to give some insight on my install of a diff brace on an IRS equipped Cobra. I have seen many threads on this before with some people saying that they removed the exhaust and some people did not. I figured I would share my experience to shed some light on a topic that has been debated before.

You can't knock a single product if you don't have proof... If someone has used this brace and damage to the diff cover resulted even after the installation of the motoblue brace, I would be happy to apologize and immediately remove the brace from my car to install a billetflow one.

It may be the same design, but that doesn't mean anything... If I made a soda can out of plastic, would I in fact be stealing the design of an aluminum can that has been produced by other companies for so long. No, its plastic not aluminum. Billetflows brace is steel, not CNC aluminum.

As for my post regarding postban, that is just my personal opinion. I didn't ask him for his opinion on the "pos" that I put so much work into on my car. Its not like I bought the "hard launch kit" ripoff or anything.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
csumt76 said:
....Too bad you have so many gay stickers on a car you put so much work into.

HEY, them's fightin' words! :nono: :kaboom:

Fast Willy

Established Member
You know its not like were ricers here. I happen to know the postban has one nice @$$ car and he has helped me out alot. The stickers on our cars dont mean that we want those parts but maybe are because we believe in there products and would like to help support the people that help us out. I also happen to know the doug makes some of the greatest pieces ever for our cars.

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
I had someone ask me a few weeks about about the irs brace and i told them to buy Dougs brace(hands down the best no question).
They come back the next day and told me Doug is out right now and will be a few days/weeks(can't remember).
They ask me if any other braces are on the market they could buy so i said sure and posted links but i also stated everything that has been said here.
If i remember correct i think they ordered a steeda brace but i told them whatever they do don't tell anyone what brace they're using.....lmao.
I look at it this way, i think the other braces will be fine but for the same price pretty much you can have Dougs piece and his work speaks for itself.
The other braces are still in the unknown, who knows if they'll hold up but one thing we do know for a fact is.....
Dougs piece hasn't failed yet and that my friend goes a long ways with me and my mods.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
dougwg said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NO problems from my Billetflow!!!!

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Thank you for your write up. It's just too bad a vendor's assumption and sarcasm hijacked your thread.:bs: Definitely puts a bad taste in your mouth...:rolleyes:

Interesting philosophy though:
If you don't buy my great product(s), you bought something inferior that will fail. ill spirited, and vindictive... :nonono: Kinda makes it hard to buy from someone like that, even if their products are the best.

Valuable for me though, I just caught the mod bug and recently received an equity line from my home.:rockon:

If your products are so great let them and your customers speak for themselves. I don't want to hear Ford tell me how awesome the IRS for the cobra is.:kaboom:

That's a fundamental business practice. :eek:

Thanks again csumt76,:thumbsup:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
oh and by the way, postban, your car is sick!:rockon:

csumt76

Established Member
USMC_0331 said:
oh and by the way, postban, your car is sick!:rockon:

I agree, I wish I made those kinda numbers, just not a fan of decals. Im a member of southfloridastangs.net and they run small decals but not on my car....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread