Installed Motoblue diff brace today... Review inside, no pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougwg

Established Member
USMC_0331 said:
Thank you for your write up. It's just too bad a vendor's assumption and sarcasm hijacked your thread.:bs: Definitely puts a bad taste in your mouth...:rolleyes:

Interesting philosophy though:
If you don't buy my great product(s), you bought something inferior that will fail. ill spirited, and vindictive... :nonono: Kinda makes it hard to buy from someone like that, even if their products are the best.

Valuable for me though, I just caught the mod bug and recently received an equity line from my home.:rockon:

If your products are so great let them and your customers speak for themselves. I don't want to hear Ford tell me how awesome the IRS for the cobra is.:kaboom:

That's a fundamental business practice. :eek:

Thanks again csumt76,:thumbsup:

"ill spirited, and vindictive"?

I wonder how you might react in the same situation.

I'm sorry but but I have been copied be by 3 manufacturers ("R", "S", "U")

"U" copied my Snub Idler bracket
and
"S" copied both my IRS Brace and my Snub Idler bracket

I'm just getting tired of it is all... and I think you assume you know the whole story which can be the only reason you wrote that post.

I guess I should just lay down and let them walk all over me.... is that what they taught you in the USMC, I think not! ;-)

dougwg

Established Member
bultaco370 said:
i bought a steeda brace because it was cheaper. is it a copy or does billet flow make it?

If it doen't say BilletFlow, it's just a copy.

csumt76

Established Member
Welcome to America Doug. You make bad ass stuff, but other people have the right to make basically the same thing. You have no patent... right? They can make whatever they want. "S" makes a zinc coated brace.... Not the same. "R" makes a billet brace, not the same, plus they provide different hardware.

Its like saying that somone copied an off road H pipe... Or a "T/A diff girdle" for an 8.8 rear, or underdrive pullies. Although you may have been the pioneer of the IRS diff brace, many others will follow with similar products after you. You just have to find a way to stay on the leading edge. 5 years from now, you will not be profiting from 03 Cobra parts, more like 10' Cobra parts.

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Hello, Let me address some of your statements and rhetoric.
dougwg said:
"ill spirited, and vindictive"?
Pronunciation: 'il
Function: adjective
a chiefly Scottish : IMMORAL, VICIOUS b : resulting from, accompanied by, or indicative of an evil or malevolent intention <ill deeds> c : attributing evil or an objectionable quality <held an ill opinion of his neighbors>

Pronunciation: 'spir-&-t&d
full of energy, animation, or courage <a spirited discussion>

Pronunciation: vin-'dik-tiv
a : disposed to seek revenge : VENGEFUL b : intended for or involving revenge

hope that helps
dougwg said:
I wonder how you might react in the same situation.
Interesting question, to be completely honest with you I'm not so sure I would place myself in the situation you are in. However, I have no idea what your situation is, therefore it would be impossible for me to answer your question. But to your credit that may be some more rhetoric.

dougwg said:
I'm sorry but but I have been copied be by 3 manufacturers ("R", "S", "U")
"U" copied my Snub Idler bracket
and
"S" copied both my IRS Brace and my Snub Idler bracket
I'd pretend to sympathize but it would waist your time, It's evident that I could care less. I'm just a consumer.
dougwg said:
I'm just getting tired of it is all... and I think you assume you know the whole story which can be the only reason you wrote that post.
Sir, I make no assumptions, the focus of my post was based on your comments on this thread.
I'll try to oversimplify things:

1) A forum member posted install information on a competitors product
2) You criticized undermined, and made negative assumptions

Why do you feel you have some obligation to speak down to any forum member that purchases a competitors product?
Are you trying to monopolize the market?
You are fighting the wrong battle. You need to come 5 clicks right and go after the manufactures that allegedly stole your trademark.
I understand this is a private form with public members. But understand, you are a vendor, you are here to answer questions, contribute (with insightful and meaningful) information, enjoy what the staff and affiliates of SVTPerf has provided us and peddle your product(s).
dougwg said:
I guess I should just lay down and let them walk all over me.... is that what they taught you in the USMC, I think not!;-)
Of course not. I was taught how to defend our country from all enemies foreign and domestic, I was also taught ethics.

You can file a complaint by clicking on the link below.
http://www.uspto.gov
According to numerous members on this board they praise your products, why would you cheapen your brand by involving yourself in meaningless mutter?
To be completely honest with you, I seriously consider fellow forum members suggestions and recommendations for products. But you definitely moved down some over here, (in my book).

I have one last question Mr. Holloway, If I spend $550.00 am I to be treated the same way as csumt76?

"BilletFlow works to exceed the expectations of our customers.", "Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal." -billetflow:kaboom:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
dude chill....

any way yes doug does dog on products from other brands...

he hated on the fact that I got steeda diffrential bushings but does that mean that I wont buy any of his products.. no

I could care less if he was a asshole or rude or whatever you wanna call it. The reason I bough the BILLETFLOW diffrential brace is because it is second to none and I only want the best parts on my car. I know it might cost a little more but wouldnt you want one that is gaurenteed the first time... besides car stuff is just like everything else you get what you pay for.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
It's a fact of life, product copy is everywhere. Go to the local walmart, most inexpensive items are copies from xx. Last time imho a super successful product was produced in the usa was windows operating system. Even so I get emails for windows xp professional and office for xx dollars, is it legit? Probably not for 99.00. They copyrighted this and have many lawyers to enforce the rights yet still have problems from other countries. I have the org. brace from first gp. I can understand being upset, I would be also, however most patents issued are improvements of a existing design. If the new (improved) product is inferior, this fact will be known via feedback. If inferior get ticked off at walmart or whoever buying these products to resell. Hard to do anything about xx co. in xx country. Tell your friends and family not to buy it and write the reseller. If they can't sell it they will drop it. I've had many a friend lose a job from xx product from xx country for xx less dollars. But more or less here is free market, your choice, your risk. If someone else makes a superior product for same or less so be it. If I made a new super shifter for xx less than say hurst and promoted it well, ie xx less time to shift than say hurst though it did the same or looked similar would you buy it? Tell me I'm wrong in saying this, why we are a service reseller country anymore. Think about it this 4th.

dougwg

Established Member
USMC_0331 said:
I have one last question Mr. Holloway, If I spend $550.00 am I to be treated the same way as csumt76?

"BilletFlow works to exceed the expectations of our customers.", "Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal." -billetflow:kaboom:

in my first post I explained what he did that was wrong and offered a solution when it fails.

you go way off the deepend all the time?

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Now I've seen everything. A Marine giving the rest of us a lesson on spelling and grammar. Tell you what sport, "waist" is a place where you wear your belt. Nice glass house, next time, keep your head in the jar... :loser:

Please write at your educational level. People come here for a good time not an english class.

USMC_0331 said:
Hello, Let me address some of your statements and rhetoric.
Pronunciation: 'il
a chiefly Scottish : IMMORAL, VICIOUS b : resulting from, accompanied by, or indicative of an evil or malevolent intention <ill deeds> c : attributing evil or an objectionable quality <held an ill opinion of his neighbors>

Pronunciation: 'spir-&-t&d
full of energy, animation, or courage <a spirited discussion>

Pronunciation: vin-'dik-tiv
a : disposed to seek revenge : VENGEFUL b : intended for or involving revenge

hope that helps
Interesting question, to be completely honest with you I'm not so sure I would place myself in the situation you are in. However, I have no idea what your situation is, therefore it would be impossible for me to answer your question. But to your credit that may be some more rhetoric.

I'd pretend to sympathize but it would waist your time, It's evident that I could care less. I'm just a consumer.
Sir, I make no assumptions, the focus of my post was based on your comments on this thread.
I'll try to oversimplify things:

1) A forum member posted install information on a competitors product
2) You criticized undermined, and made negative assumptions

Why do you feel you have some obligation to speak down to any forum member that purchases a competitors product?
Are you trying to monopolize the market?
You are fighting the wrong battle. You need to come 5 clicks right and go after the manufactures that allegedly stole your trademark.
I understand this is a private form with public members. But understand, you are a vendor, you are here to answer questions, contribute (with insightful and meaningful) information, enjoy what the staff and affiliates of SVTPerf has provided us and peddle your product(s).
Of course not. I was taught how to defend our country from all enemies foreign and domestic, I was also taught ethics.

You can file a complaint by clicking on the link below.
http://www.uspto.gov
According to numerous members on this board they praise your products, why would you cheapen your brand by involving yourself in meaningless mutter?
To be completely honest with you, I seriously consider fellow forum members suggestions and recommendations for products. But you definitely moved down some over here, (in my book).

SA SNAKE

Established Member
tom's 03svt do you have a problem with Marines? What a friggin co(k sucker. We didn't come here to hear you put down people who put their lives on the line everyday!

Gil

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I'm calm, I'm calm...
I agree with you but what I disagree with is Doug taking it out on the person who bought the product. For a minute put yourself in csumt76's shoes.
You spend $550.00 with Doug but for whatever reason you decide to go with another brand. You're happy with your decision so you contribute to SVTPerf, then Doug dogs on you!?:shrug:
Take it out on the company that stole your design, don't take it out on SVTPerf members!
Everyone wants to hear objective opinions, everyone wants billetflow to compete with other vendors, it's better for us as consumers.;-)

Here's the MO
Railroad scheme: Buy my stuff, and if you don't buy it you suck!:nonono::bs:

I'm not questioning the quality of the product, I'm questioning the business practices. I might even support Doug and billetflow, depending on his reply.;-)
03cobrarocks said:
dude chill....

any way yes doug does dog on products from other brands...

he hated on the fact that I got steeda diffrential bushings but does that mean that I wont buy any of his products.. no

I could care less if he was a asshole or rude or whatever you wanna call it. The reason I bough the BILLETFLOW diffrential brace is because it is second to none and I only want the best parts on my car. I know it might cost a little more but wouldnt you want one that is gaurenteed the first time... besides car stuff is just like everything else you get what you pay for.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Hello friend and thank you for your contribution.
Some clarity for you since it's evident that comprehension is not one of your strengths.:smmon:

My posts were directed towards Doug@Billetflow. At no time did I give or otherwise imply that a lesson in spelling or grammar would be given, that was your ignorant assumption.:nono:
Three grammatical errors? Are you serious? After I wrote all of that your scrutiny came up with 3 errors.:bored:
I'll oversimplify for you::loser:
Tom's_03SVT said:
A Marine giving the rest of us
The rest of us? I was clearly talking to Doug, pay attention McFly!:smmon:
Tom's_03SVT said:
a lesson on spelling and grammar
WTF are you talking about? What lesson? Are you trying to cloud the focus of communication between Doug and I? It's not negated by your comical post.:nono:
Tom's_03SVT said:
Nice glass house, next time, keep your head in the jar...
What!? Here's an idea, try reading the entire post before attempting to contribute.:idea: You have managed to accomplish all of this in 5 sentences. Do you really expect everyone to believe you have even the slightest bit of intelligence?:loser:

I never claimed to be a scholar nor have I attempted to propagate myself in a manner to suggest fellow members are educationally beneath me, as you have.
Tom's_03SVT said:
Please write at your educational level.
I was unaware that there is an educational requirement to post here. Now tell me Tom, where did you obtain you doctorate from?:shrug::kaboom:
Tom's_03SVT said:
People come here for a good time not an english class.
If that's the case why are you correcting my english?:rolleyes:
Tom's_03SVT said:
Now I've seen everything. A Marine giving the rest of us a lesson on spelling and grammar. Tell you what sport, "waist" is a place where you wear your belt. Nice glass house, next time, keep your head in the jar...

Please write at your educational level. People come here for a good time not an english class.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
USMC_0331 said:
WTF are you talking about? What lesson? Are you trying to cloud the focus of communication between Doug and I?
"Doug and me" would be correct. LOL

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
USMC_0331 said:
I'm calm, I'm calm...
I agree with you but what I disagree with is Doug taking it out on the person who bought the product. For a minute put yourself in csumt76's shoes.
You spend $550.00 with Doug but for whatever reason you decide to go with another brand. You're happy with your decision so you contribute to SVTPerf, then Doug dogs on you!?:shrug:
Take it out on the company that stole your design, don't take it out on SVTPerf members!
Everyone wants to hear objective opinions, everyone wants billetflow to compete with other vendors, it's better for us as consumers.;-)

Here's the MO
Railroad scheme: Buy my stuff, and if you don't buy it you suck!:nonono::bs:

I'm not questioning the quality of the product, I'm questioning the business practices. I might even support Doug and billetflow, depending on his reply.;-)

Preach on brotha. I have noticed and participated in exactly what you are saying. Csumt76 never posted asking for Doug's opinion on his purchase. If the Motoblue brace fails, it fails, but it is impossible to say it will fail no matter what.

2814v

Established Member
A nicely written, informative thread gets flushed down the toilet. Lets see we got.
My modd is better then your modd.
I'm a english professer and will destroy you with my superior spelling and punctuation
(This one kills me, we are a car site. Not a literary think tank)
Talking crap about alot of great americans that are fighting and dieing for our freedom.
Add a little a$$ kissing and that about sums up how much we screwed up a good thread.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
You're on point.:thumbsup:

pssst... be careful Tom might be lurking around here.:rollseyes
2814v said:
professer

2814v said:
A nicely written, informative thread gets flushed down the toilet. Lets see we got.
My modd is better then your modd.
I'm a english professer and will destroy you with my superior spelling and punctuation
(This one kills me, we are a car site. Not a literary think tank)
Talking crap about alot of great americans that are fighting and dieing for our freedom.
Add a little a$$ kissing and that about sums up how much we screwed up a good thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread