installed my avic-f90bt

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
I have the d3.. were did u get the cobra symbol from? Brandon (frcedcobra) posted it a long time ago, but i forgot!

20psirabbit

Established Member
I have the d3.. were did u get the cobra symbol from? Brandon (frcedcobra) posted it a long time ago, but i forgot!

here ya go bud :beer:
Cobra-1.jpg

and FWIW i got it from avic411.com

Last edited:

20psirabbit

Established Member
oh and also FWIW to anyone thinking about getting one of these, i have had no problems with this unit. my ipod connection has been beautiful, the nav has been great, and i just hooked up the mic last week, made some phone calls from it through the bluetooth and it works great. i'm so happy i picked this unit up, and recommend it to anyone else who might be interested :)

imran

Established Member
Did you just ground a certain wire to bypass the dvd play and navi entry system or are they selling some adapters these days? Everything I've read is supposedly some wire you ground.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
avic411.com

Check that site for all your bypassing needs. On mine i got to bypass it through the harness, just switch the pins arround. Not sure about the new ones. I've never even used a dvd or the GPS while driving. Kind of a waste.

20psirabbit

Established Member
no problem image.

As for the bypass, it's best to check it on avic411.com, the writeup has pictures and everything to make it nice and easy. But essentially like image said you move a wire to another spot in the plug, and then you ground one or two wires. It's very easy. Lets you watch video, have all nav options, and all phone options available while moving.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I imagine you are still running the stock speakers, how does it sound. I heard aftermarket decks can conflict with the stock system.

20psirabbit

Established Member
it sounds better than the stock deck, I've heard that too but I didn't notice any quality loss. The only thing I still have to look into is the new deck has 4v amp preouts as opposed to the standard 2v preouts, and idk if that poses a problem for the stock amps or not in the long term, but I'm going to try and get some answers on it.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Yea, I loved it when i put my Avic d3 in, well worth the money spent. I can tell you from now on I'll be having a double din tv in all my cars.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Nice, the main thing is it doesn't ruin the sound, the stock system is descent, but I'm in the middle of switching all the speakers out and putting my battery in the trunk. Didn't wanna take the chance and just ran my own speaker wire, rca's, and power.

TK Doom

Established Member
Nicely done. I have the Alpine version in both my cars, no phone connection, cause my aging work phone doesn't like Alpine bluetooth, but maybe that'll change too.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
it sounds better than the stock deck, I've heard that too but I didn't notice any quality loss. The only thing I still have to look into is the new deck has 4v amp preouts as opposed to the standard 2v preouts, and idk if that poses a problem for the stock amps or not in the long term, but I'm going to try and get some answers on it.

Did you ever figure that out? I'm looking at the F90 currently.

20psirabbit

Established Member
Did you ever figure that out? I'm looking at the F90 currently.

no, i've been meaning to call my stereo buddy and ask him and i just keep forgetting to. i'm sure any decently knowledgeable stereo guy should know though. i haven't had any problems yet :shrug: i'm hoping it's no biggie

besides don't you need to work on getting that ds in before you buy other toys LOL :poke:

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
no, i've been meaning to call my stereo buddy and ask him and i just keep forgetting to. i'm sure any decently knowledgeable stereo guy should know though. i haven't had any problems yet :shrug: i'm hoping it's no biggie

besides don't you need to work on getting that ds in before you buy other toys LOL :poke:

Too late, F90 on the way. :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread