installed my avic-f90bt

20psirabbit

Established Member
so something in my head finally snapped, between the frustration of never having a clear signal with the fm modulator i was using with my ipod and wanting something more from the factory deck, i got a new f90bt for $725 from sonic electronix w/ the live.com discount it came out to ~$550 or so
they also include the mounting kit and wiring kit. i think the mach460 cars are above and beyond the free wiring kit, so quick trip to best buy and $21 got me the correct wiring kit, and a couple hours later it was wired, bypassed, installed and running :)
a couple of my favorite details about it is that you can make the button illumination match any color you want which is nice, and the full ipod connection so i can leave my ipod in the glovebox and control it from the deck.

anyway here's the pics :rolling:

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Okay - I opened this post because I had no clue what a "avic-f90bt " could possibly be... :lol1:

Looks great and I love the custom "wallpaper" with the Cobra emblem! :beer:

20psirabbit

Established Member
Looks awesome man! I couldn't help but notice the trac off light in every picture :rockon:

that's the only way i know how brotha! :beer:

the live.com discount is a process, but long story short you go to live.com which microsoft's new search engine they're trying to push and search something, at the top of the search results it might have some links with discounts for ebay. if you "buy it now" on ebay using paypal you get the discount back from microsoft after 60 days (so you don't buy something, return it and get free $$$)
i heard about it from some forum and the guys on there were buying stereos, tvs, all sorts of stuff. if you read the details, they say you get the money back and it's all legit.
i'll see what happens, the stereo i bought came from a local place near me that sells on ebay, so it was no worries for me. even if i don't get the discount i still got a hawt deal so i'm good either way :rolling:

IceMan

Vanilla Ice
Established Member
how challenging was this to install.. id like to do this.. im not much of a stero guy but i like the cleanliness of it.. might just have to give the car to local stereo shop

20psirabbit

Established Member
Once I had the correct harness for the Mach460 system it took me like 2 or 3 hours to put in, I took my time and soldered all my connections (I hate butt connectors and don't really trust them) and kinda took my time a little bit. I hadn't put a deck in a car in a while, so I wanted to make sure I didn't wire anything weird and cook my new deck. It all went straightforward, I did the software update to v.2.0 and it's been perfect, I have zero complaints :)

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Once I had the correct harness for the Mach460 system it took me like 2 or 3 hours to put in, I took my time and soldered all my connections (I hate butt connectors and don't really trust them) and kinda took my time a little bit. I hadn't put a deck in a car in a while, so I wanted to make sure I didn't wire anything weird and cook my new deck. It all went straightforward, I did the software update to v.2.0 and it's been perfect, I have zero complaints :)

Did it bolt right up or did you have to get a kit to fit it into the stock spots?

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Congrats.:thumbsup:
I've had the AVIC-Z3 for close to a year now and i don't know how i ever made it without it..

20psirabbit

Established Member
you have to get a little dash kit which is no biggie, the place I bought it from includes it for free so no worries there.

Fasnakes what's the news on your car from the bad gas deal? I read the thread when it happened, I never saw any news... Did everything work out? I've never even seen your car but I dig it and that was shitty news to read, I can only imagine how maddening your situation was :(

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
you have to get a little dash kit which is no biggie, the place I bought it from includes it for free so no worries there.

Fasnakes what's the news on your car from the bad gas deal? I read the thread when it happened, I never saw any news... Did everything work out? I've never even seen your car but I dig it and that was shitty news to read, I can only imagine how maddening your situation was :(

Thanks bro,
The car is just fine and things couldn't have worked out better for me.. Can't really get into detail because we're finishing up litigation and are close to a settlement..

20psirabbit

Established Member
well that's good to hear man, it's too often hearing about a guy getting shafted in a situation like this. i dig your car because it's what i see mine turning into, mine's just quite a few steps behind :)
anyway good luck with the situation and hope it works out asap for ya man :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread