Installed my Mac longtubes and Lethal O/R x pipe

horspla2000

Established Member
I just put on my Mac ceramic LT's and a Lethal o/r x pipe. Overall good fit and happy with it overall. I have a Bassani 2.5" stainless cat back w 4" slash cut tips from my old IRS cat back.

2003 Cobra Bassani cat back, Mac longtubes exhaust - YouTube

Steering shaft clearance was great. The EGR tube fitment was terrible! It was WAY off. I had to start the tube nut then the header was a good 1/2-3/4" away from the head. I heated the EGR tube as I tightened the header so it could flex the EGR tube a bit. It also tweaked the EGR stand pipe tube on the header over a bit as I tightened the header bolts. It all worked out I guess, but beware if you get some of these. I reused the stock gaskets and the stock studs and nuts. The x-pipe lined up perfect. Plenty of clearance around everything. Ceramic finish looked nice. There must have a been a small pinhole in one of the welds and the collector bec there is a small rusty stain coming from the 4 to 1 merge. No biggie I guess. Overall header fitment is great. There was one tube on the right side that I had to fumble w a bit. The individual tubes will tweak around a little. I had to tweak a tube over and fight it a little to get the stud started.
If you do these you MUST remove the K member! Some of the tubes cover the stud holes in places, so a gear wrench is a must! I supported the engine from below w a tripod stand and removed the K member. Once you do that, the manifolds stare you right in the face. I was on a lift, good light, trans jack to lower the K member, best of tools and it was still an ALL DAY JOB to do it right.

Also, with these MAKE SURE you move the AC line (that runs along the framerail on the right side) up!! It gently bent it on each end and moved it up. wrapped convoluted tubing around a few select spots for chafe protection and zip tied it. Easy to do, but the way the tubes are routed, it would damage the line! I have heard of others damaging the line! Other hearers may be routed differently and it may not be an issue w all longtubes, but it def is w these!

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
great pics...how is it for ground clearance? I assume the firecones are the lowest part of the chassis.

horspla2000

Established Member
great pics...how is it for ground clearance? I assume the firecones are the lowest part of the chassis.

Yes, thats true. The left side seems to be a little lower than the right, but I didn't look that closely to quote that for sure. They do hang a little lower than the K brace that convertibles have, at least on the left. It will scrape BARELY going out the back door of our shop, but the way the pavement dips, its no surprise. It is lowered and has not scraped anywhere else yet and I don't think it'll be an issue. I would have to watch out for large speed bumps possibly. Once I get the tune revised I'd like to do a drive-by vid :rockon:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
glad you are happy wth them .. i love them on mine as well

i did the egr delete at the same time .. i would have hated to fight that fitment

D-MANN

Established Member
Do you have a picture of how low they hang with ground level?im looking at ARH or Mac longtubes. Whichever has the most ground clearance. Mac being alot cheaper is a definate plus but if ARH fit better and have more clearance I will pay the extra.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Do you have a picture of how low they hang with ground level?im looking at ARH or Mac longtubes. Whichever has the most ground clearance. Mac being alot cheaper is a definate plus but if ARH fit better and have more clearance I will pay the extra.

mac lt's... ground clearance is great.. fitment is perfect, no issues

418908_3144607530815_1954182612_n.jpg

2012-08-16130225.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread