Installed PHP IRS Bushings and Toe Link Bars

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
I don't see understand how it can be moving like they are describing. The tie-rod should only be experiencing load in a single plane since the spindle is mounted to the LCA and UCA using uniball points and they should be bearing all of this load. I have heard that the uniball do wear out causing excessive movement which might also cause loads to the tie-rod in a different plane, but if that is the cause the problem is not the tie-rod but the uniball. The only company making a fix for that is SHM which replace them with highly misaligned bearings which is very expensive like ~975 installed. The rear tie rods should not be experiencing any more load then the front tie-rods and I believe they are both about the same diameter stock. I just order the MM IRS bumpsteer kit which replaces the tie-rod ends so I will have a better idea of how they are next weekend.

Let us know how it turns out, thanks!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by Jagged Edge
What can I say Iam just a dam liar... just can't help myself. :rollseyes
I don't know what to say. I had wheel hop and put on QA1's and now no wheel hop. QA1's dampen in both directions of wheel travel, so it stands to reason that it will and has worked for me and everyone I know using them.
I am sure that because you have a ton of money in rear end suspension parts
to eliminate the wheel hop, the thought of $149. shocks solving the problem could never be. All I know is I don't have any wheel hop at all.
JE

Excuse me Mr. Liar, :D

What setting do you keep em at for "normal" driving and how is handling affected on the stiffer anti-hop settings?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
You will have wheel hop with the IRS if the conditions are right - weather wise usually. Hell, I got hop yesterday on launch. The sun was setting and the car was sitting for a while.

I have:

1. MM IRS bushings
2. Steeda Diff. bushings
3. MM FL subframe connectors
4. Nitto 555R 315 on 10.5" wide wheels

Springs and IRS brackets are next...

If the tires are cold, you will hop. When it's 90+ outside and during the day, I can smoke the tires even if the car has been sitting.

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
Excuse me Mr. Liar, :D

What setting do you keep em at for "normal" driving and how is handling affected on the stiffer anti-hop settings?

On the street I set it on 3 and that won't get rid of wheel hop but since I don't
drag race on the streets I don't worry about wheel hop and that setting is just a little siffer than stock. At the track where I do race using DR's I set it to 7 and I do not get any wheel hop. Driving on the street with the setting on 7 is like driving without rear springs. Racing without DR's or slicks is a waste of time.
JE

Users who are viewing this thread