Installed the Roush Grille Delete. Interesting results.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
So Beefcake hooked me up with a great deal on the Roush Lower Grille Delete. Thanks Beefcake!!!

First let me make it clear for anyone that plans on doing this. "Some cutting required" is misleading to say the least. There's a ton of cutting required, especially if you are running a Vortech/Paxton. Reason being is due to the intercooler size/position. The Roush stuff must be thinner or set-back farther in the bumper.

I had CJ Pony Parts in Harrisburgh PA install it because it was beyond my ability honestly. And boy, did they do a good job! Thanks CJPP!

Looks aside, this mod lowered my head temps by 20 degrees. It also (and this is the best part) lowered my IAT's to 1-10 degrees lower than ambient temp.

I did something similar on my catfish and it responded, but not as well as this! :rockon:

(Sorry for the poor quality pics, the sun wasn't cooperating)

1292974_10151653576011247_1277194937_o.jpg

1268690_10151653576101247_1349108736_o.jpg

1097959_10151653570306247_1364573749_n.jpg

Ill_W1N

Established Member
looks good any plans for the upper? I love that color too. btw nice corvette and camaro signs on the wall with a mustang in the garage? lol

PhillyLS1

Established Member
looks good any plans for the upper? I love that color too. btw nice corvette and camaro signs on the wall with a mustang in the garage? lol

There isn't an upper I really like. I may end up making something.

That garage is my Camaro's garage. The garage for my Mustang, the door opener broke :fm:

429699_10150598537511247_1877946746_n.jpg

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Looks real good man!

Kinda curious though, so this delete takes up more space behind the bumper? I was going to install the delete now in prep/hopes of doing the Hellion TT kit down the road. I don't wan't to install it and then run into fitment issues with the intercooler..

PhillyLS1

Established Member
Looks real good man!

Kinda curious though, so this delete takes up more space behind the bumper? I was going to install the delete now in prep/hopes of doing the Hellion TT kit down the road. I don't wan't to install it and then run into fitment issues with the intercooler..

If I were you, I would install this grille after you put your FI kit on. ESPECIALLY with a turbo. I used to run into all kinds of heat related issues on my Camaro.

Regardless if you're FI or NA this grille requires modification to the bumper area.

Ergo why I had CJPP do it and they knocked it out of the park.

Steve@CJPP

Keith it looks great on the car. Thanks for bringing it down and allowing us to work on it. It turned a lot of heads around here. It also turned a ton of heads on the way down to YBN.

REDNIGHTMARE

Established Member
Every car, around me, that has that grill looks like a butterfly collection. There's way too many big bugs where I live that will drive my OCD into overdrive.

Lol fair enough. I have a bra with a netting that covers the upper grille when I'm just doing DD but I do find myself picking off bugs from time to time. All in all car looks awesome man. Love that color.

4VFTW

Established Member
looks great Philly , but i'm not buying the "lowered head temps by 20degs" unless your car ran at 225 before I'm running a CDC upper delete and homemade lower delete and saw zero change in head temps(I run 205deg)

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great but I doubt it "lowered my IAT's to 1-10 degrees lower than ambient temp."

the only way I've ever gotten IAT's lower was when I sprayed meth (50/50 water) are you running meth?

4VFTW

Established Member
Looks great but I doubt it "lowered my IAT's to 1-10 degrees lower than ambient temp."

the only way I've ever gotten IAT's lower was when I sprayed meth (50/50 water) are you running meth?
the CDC upper lowered my IAT's several degrees , but like I said I saw no change in head temps.

PhillyLS1

Established Member

looks great Philly , but i'm not buying the "lowered head temps by 20degs" unless your car ran at 225 before I'm running a CDC upper delete and homemade lower delete and saw zero change in head temps(I run 205deg)

OOOOOOK so what are you'ze guyz's head temps normally? Mine head temps were around 218. I now see 200ish once the car is warmed up.
Driving home from Yellow Bullet nationals, @78 degrees ambient, I was seeing between 76-70 degrees (this isn't at idle of course).

I can't prove the head temp lowering, obviously as I didn't record anything before. But I can show the being below ambient with my Aero Force Interceptor :thumbsup:.

poof100

Established Member
I'm running the CDC Upper with the Roush delete lower. I see about 3-5 degrees lower than ambient on the IAT when driving, but I also have an intercooler with the turbo.

I don't see head temps ever go over 198-200, but that's more likely due to the 170 thermostat I'm running.

I did the grilles for looks but also to somewhat help with the cooling, but didn't expect much. I'm surprised a lot of the SC guys aren't running better T stats.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
If I were you, I would install this grille after you put your FI kit on. ESPECIALLY with a turbo. I used to run into all kinds of heat related issues on my Camaro.

Regardless if you're FI or NA this grille requires modification to the bumper area.

Ergo why I had CJPP do it and they knocked it out of the park.
Gotcha. I know there's cutting involved to run this. You just got me a little concerned with fitment then if this delete takes up space behind the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread