Installing Russell Stainless Steel Brake Hoses on Front....question

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Guys,
I'm about to tackle the Russell stainless steel brake line install for the front of my 2003 Cobra.
I have a question regarding the E-clips that are provided with the new Russell kit.
The 1st picture is my front left line stock.
The 2nd is the new russell left front brake line (2nd pic)

Do I remove both of these E-clips on my new Russell brake line, feed the new line through the stock mounting hole, attach to hard line, and then reinstall each E-Clip 1 on the left of the bracket and 1 on the right of the bracket?
If this is the case, I do NOT reuse the factory E-clip.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Hope this makes sense as I just want to do this correct!:rockon:
Please let me know

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
So one on left of body bracket and one on right?
Thank you for the input

jblood37

Established Member
Wish I could remember. I will give you one piece of advice, do not use the crush washers that come with the kit. Mine leaked no matter how much i tightened the banjo nut with the supplied washers. Go buy the cheap copper washers.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Wish I could remember. I will give you one piece of advice, do not use the crush washers that come with the kit. Mine leaked no matter how much i tightened the banjo nut with the supplied washers. Go buy the cheap copper washers.

Thank you for the info. I have done some research and looks like it's hit or miss with the washers. Some are fine with the silver ones that come with the kit, and some have to buy the copper washers to supplement the kit.

I'm a little disheartened that an expensive kit like this would add washers that could fail on you.
I bought a assortment pack of the copper washers and found a few similar to the stock ones. I'm wondering how important the size of the washer is as the stock copper washer is about twice as thick as the thin silver washers Russell supplied...hmm

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Got the fronts all buttoned up. Used the factory clip on the left of the bracket and 1 of the new clips on the right of the body bracket.
This made it a tighter fit as using both provided clips there was enough room to allow the line to rattle!

jblood37

Established Member
Got the fronts all buttoned up. Used the factory clip on the left of the bracket and 1 of the new clips on the right of the body bracket.
This made it a tighter fit as using both provided clips there was enough room to allow the line to rattle!

Almost positive this is what I did.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Thanks for input man!
I Will also definitely check for leaks before I put the car back on the ground and use the copper washers!

Users who are viewing this thread