Insurance is making me...

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
Hey guy, I know I wrote, back, a while ago, about how I was undecided between the cobra and Mach 1. Well I had saved up for the cobra for about two years now and now that I can drive I could finally afford until insurance told nme that it would cost me, anually, 11,000 and with the discounts I have acquired it would but upwards of 5,500 dollars. I can afford a cobra but not the annual insurance so it looks like I'll have to be going with the Mac 1, I know it is still a nice, fast car, but I feel lost in the competitive world with it.

Now some questions on the Mach 1 if you dont mind me asking you cobra guys.... They are available in 2004 - right? Was there only going to be a limited amount made like the cobras?

Also is it ossible to make it as fast as a cobra, or any advice on upgrades, etc.

Anything else you might want to add would be awesome too.

Thx,
Ty

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
What the.....how did you get an isurance quote that insanely high? That makes no sense what so ever!

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Oh yeah as for your questions yes they are making them in 04 yes they are limited in 03 they made less Machs than Cobras i believe and Vortech makes a Supercharger for the Mach1s not sure what it bumps horsepower to though but I would be close plus you already have a solid rearend.....

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
11-03 issue of mustangs and fast fords has a write up on a mach 1 with a vortech and some other mods and it ran 11.92. i read it this mornin while i was takin a dookie! get the mag and do what he did....seemed to work!

FreeFlowSVT

Lover Of Burned Rubber
Established Member
Sounds right for a young guy driver. Thats about what a few people i know pay.

As far as the Mach 1, its a 40 year Anniversary make and is only a limited editon for this 2004 year. They are sweet though and i'd think the insurance will be not much cheaper.

I work for Heritage Ford and test drove one at another dealership on a pickup run. It was very nice. Really cool when you give it gas at a dead stop and the front goes up like 5 inchs...and the shaker hood makes you feel like your in a beast of a car.

Sucks when insurance can set you back almost as much as the car. Or so it seems.

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
wut was that magazine? certain issue?

Yeah insurance was that high, insane, I am 16 years old too, so I'm hoping the Mach 1 will be listed differentyl than the cobra, if not I am screwed and will be driving a ford escape the rest of my life, at least until I turn 25...

thx
ty

LocoGT

Banned
Originally posted by DaMuscleMan
wut was that magazine? certain issue?

Yeah insurance was that high, insane, I am 16 years old too, so I'm hoping the Mach 1 will be listed differentyl than the cobra, if not I am screwed and will be driving a ford escape the rest of my life, at least until I turn 25...

thx
ty
A 16 yr old does not need either 1 of those cars to wrap around a tree. :nono:

Originally posted by LT1Z28
A 16 yr old does not need either 1 of those cars to wrap around a tree. :nono:

I totally agree. It should be illegal for a first time driver to get behind the wheel of anything that goes 0-60 faster than 10 seconds. You guys have no clue how to drive and are a danger to the responsible people on the road. No flames intended, just my awesome opinion.

Also, you are screwed on insurance. It's not going to be much cheaper for a Mach1 either. You basically don't have a chance of getting either of those cars insured for less than $350 a month at the lowest.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Heh when i was 18 i wanted a 5.0 LX there was one that had less then 10k on it. the insurance people said it would cost me 4400 a year

that was 8 years ago

I am still trying to figure out how or what you do for a job at 16 that you saved up enough to pay for a 03 or most of a 03 cobra

i know there is no whay you creidt can be good enough. so that mean some one will have to sigh for you

it took me till i was about 22/23 for insurance to come down it was 1100 for my 01 gt

unless you have a sweet job or your lucky enough to have a good mom and dad to flip the bill for the car

one last thing when doing auto insurance call every well known place in the phone book you might find out there is a place that is cheaper

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
you know whats funny. being 16 only 10 years ago knowing now what i know to day at 26. I am so happy that i did not get anything semi fast until i was in 20's other wise i prolly would have killed myself

how much time behind the wheel do you have DaMuscleMan?

have you ever autocrossed? <-- auto cross should be part of the drivers test not the shit they have you do like park a freaking car

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
Ok ya'll can quit flaming this kid he worked for his car and he earns it like any of us. So what if he is young would you rather get him a civic ? I see more older drivers who are more of a hazard like going 10 under and slowing down traffic along with not using turn signals. I am 18, I got my Cobra when I was 17 my parents had to consign but I make the payments. Luckily they cover the insuracne but it's not that bad because we have other cars that are alot more on my insurance. He came here to ask what he should do about his insurance and if ya'll want to flame the younger crowd then I guess we'll have to start flaming you old timers. I have respect for kids who save up and buy or put a large down payment for their own cars. I know one too many kids who get stuff handed to him. If you want to flame a kid try the guy around here who spent 35 k on his rx 7 then wrecked it in the rain. After that he had a supa ws6, lightning, s200 and now an 03 Cobra in which his bill now for the parts he is getting is well over 35 k including install. He has never once turned a wrench on his car or done one minute of work to get his car. The only thing he had to do to get his car was draw a picture for his mom. There are drivers of all ages that cause wrecks and accidents. Yes younger kids are not as wise as those with experience. There are bad drives in every age group and this kid shouldn't have to pay for others mistakes. Why dont ya'll supoort the kid and give him advice on what to do.

If I was you I'd get a used 03 Cobra to save money. The mach 1 is a great car but get what you want. Even if you will have to wait a little longer it is well worth the wait.

For those who wonder how I pay for my car I sell stuff on ebay and work for my dad and do a little remodeling my car not is 698 and some change and I pay all of that from my own pocket. Remember us kids dont have a houst payment to pay or kids that works to our advantage.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
If you pay for the car all up front and dont have a loan. then insurance will not be to bad. because you will not have to carry full

just an idea

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
hey to all flamers .. theres a nother post on how I make my money go there, im not going to give you the link to it, if you have aneough time to flame me I'm sure you'll have enough time to find the thread.

Thanks to everyone else, I have 10k to put down as a payment, so hopefully that will get something off the sticker price (28,700)

Will the Mach 1 every have the same potential as a caobra? and willI ever be able to match its horsepower?

Thx,
Ty

P.S.

One side not to all flamers... I dont drive like you might have used to, not all teens drive horribly, just like I'm sure all you old timers dont all drive like you are steroetyped to.
Also dont take money issues out on me, I am smart and know how to turn a little into a lot fast, no not by asking my parents, my dad is a cop... he doesnt exactly make bank and neither does my mom... so its all mine, I've earned every penny, so dont hate on me.

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
The mach is a good car but a cobra is better motor and rearend if you get upgraded halfshafts plus the easy mods to a cobra are real nice. Now there is a difference in driving fast and driving stupid. Be smart and think and it's all good.

Users who are viewing this thread