Intake air temp sensor

jrw

Established Member
Installing a Thp twin turbo kit, the air intake temp sensor before the mass air in stock location, do I need to put it on the intake side of the turbo?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
That's one way to do it. The other way is if you are running blow through slot style MAF you can wire your IAT1 into the same sensor, then you can just delete your IAT2.

harleyreb1

Established Member
I'm helping him with this project and we are runnig a Lightning MAF. So it would be best to put it in the intake pipe?

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Installing a Thp twin turbo kit, the air intake temp sensor before the mass air in stock location, do I need to put it on the intake side of the turbo?

I would find a place AS CLOSE to the intake manifold as possible. Getting this in the RIGHT place is key into tuning and making the car run as smooth as possible.

If means/tools allow, I'd suggest tapping and threading a hole somewhere in the intake manifold itself to get the BEST reading of temps possible.

If you notice on an 03 cobra for example, the DOWNSTREAM IAT temp sensor is BELOW the intercooler/supercharger inside the intake....it measures the air AFTER its compressed, RIGHT BEFORE it enters the head/intake ports.

You'll have to cut/extend your wiring for this, but make for a more precise tune/running car.
:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread