Intake bolts

tnkucan

tnkucan
Established Member
What do you guys replace the intake and blower bolts with I'm going to be pulling the blower off and would like to replace them let me know guys thanks

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
I didn't replace my blower to lower or lower to head bolts when I did a blower swap. Only replaced and upgraded my charge air cooler bolts.

Inch pounds on those lower to heads.

SV

Blueline

Established Member
I just ordered all new bolts for my blower swap, lower to heads, blower to lower and intercooler manifold in the front of the intake. I called Steve at Tasca and hes getting them right out to me, 27 bucks including shipping for all of them. I already bought different bolts for the intercooler to blower.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I replaced my friends and myself lower manifold bolts to grade 10.9 HHCS M6X1.0X35 ZP. You can match your innercooler bolts with grade 8 or grade 10.9 at your local bolt store

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I went with all SS bolts. The last bolt on the right is what I ended up using. The bolt to the left of that one is another SS bolt that I was going to use but chose the far right one because it was prettier. Guess I just felt like wasting money......

IMG_2134.jpg

tnkucan

tnkucan
Established Member
I just ordered all new bolts for my blower swap, lower to heads, blower to lower and intercooler manifold in the front of the intake. I called Steve at Tasca and hes getting them right out to me, 27 bucks including shipping for all of them. I already bought different bolts for the intercooler to blower.

Thanks

tnkucan

tnkucan
Established Member
I went with all SS bolts. The last bolt on the right is what I ended up using. The bolt to the left of that one is another SS bolt that I was going to use but chose the far right one because it was prettier. Guess I just felt like wasting money......

IMG_2134.jpg

Thanks

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I just did this and reused my stock blower to lower intake and lower intake to head bolts. I replaced the intercooler to blower bolts with new ones...stainless allen heads, can't remember the size. Use accurate torque measurements (inch pounds versus foot pounds) and skip the extra 90 degree turn on the blower to lower intake.

I read a lot of threads and information that said to replace everything with new stuff every time, but that seems like a waste to me. The only bolts that will shoot through your motor like 7.62 through a terrorist if they break are the intercooler to blower bolts. Everything else will be contained where it lies, although it will most likely create a leak and be a severe pain in the dick to remove so if you are paranoid or can't read a torque wrench, replace everything with 9.8 or 10.8 stainless steel hardware as an extra $30 shouldn't break your bank (if it does, then you're in the wrong hobby). I just thought it was unnecessary and wasteful.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
I replaced my friends and myself lower manifold bolts to grade 10.9 HHCS M6X1.0X35 ZP. You can match your innercooler bolts with grade 8 or grade 10.9 at your local bolt store

This is probably the best approach. For some reason the OEM IC bolts seem very brittle and snap easy :shrug: Not sure why Ford used that type of bolt with all that Loctite. SS may not be a good idea as corrosion between Stainless and aluminum will be higher than with steel bolts. I would almost consider safety wiring these bolts in leiu of Locktite and stepping it down to "blue" (red is nasty on aluminum threads).

03' White Snake

Established Member
I used the new ones that came with my KB. Couldn't tell you what they are though. Black oxide something.

Users who are viewing this thread