Intercooler bolts??

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
What is the part # for the 10 IC bolts? Got my ported blower back but dont want to reuse the old ones. Dumb question, but is Ford the only place to get the bolts (ie not home depot, Ace) Thanks

jason

ramdge

Established Member
I believe the part # for the 10 IC bolts is
W506404-S437. I think they list for 78 cents
each.

I don't know if you can find them anywhere else
or not.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jason, if you just got your blower back from Apten, they should have included a set at no charge. Call Brian and they'll send you a set. They started sending complete sets of bolts a week or so ago with all blower porting jobs.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The stock bolts are sh*t.

I ordered replacement bolts and nuts from McMaster-Carr and they fit perfectly. What they are is Stainless Steel 316 M5x16 mm long 0.8 mm pitch fully threaded bolts part number 93635 A164 and they only come in a box of 50 for 7.98 a box. I also ordered the Stainless Steel 316 washers for them also part number 90965 A160 in a box of 100 for 2.48 a box.

kpinco

Established Member
I believe Ford has pulled the stock bolts 0.7mm and are replacing them with a heavier grade. This is what I was told by a Ford Service rep.......

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by toofast4u
The stock bolts are sh*t.

I ordered replacement bolts and nuts from McMaster-Carr and they fit perfectly. What they are is Stainless Steel 316 M5x16 mm long 0.8 mm pitch fully threaded bolts part number 93635 A164 and they only come in a box of 50 for 7.98 a box. I also ordered the Stainless Steel 316 washers for them also part number 90965 A160 in a box of 100 for 2.48 a box.
That's great info. I'll probably just use the bolts that Brian sent me. I'm not even sure if they are Ford bolts. I'll bet they aren't. Maybe he got them from McMaster-Carr, too. I'll have to ask him.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Brian just emailed me back. The bolts he includes with the blower are not the stock Ford bolts. They're higher quality. Leave it to Apten to only use the best!
:beer:

robb

No flame intended to any one on this board , but I did considerable research on these bolts. The Ford oem bolt is a very good bolt (p/n W506404-S437--quan. of 4). It is a metric grade 10.9=sae grade 8. Do the "/# beam style torque wrench in the vise test yourself--it will shock you. Good luck if you break a stainless bolt on a future teardown. Just my 2 cents. Rob

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by robm
No flame intended to any one on this board , but I did considerable research on these bolts. The Ford oem bolt is a very good bolt (p/n W506404-S437--quan. of 4). It is a metric grade 10.9=sae grade 8. Do the "/# beam style torque wrench in the vise test yourself--it will shock you. Good luck if you break a stainless bolt on a future teardown. Just my 2 cents. Rob

I broke 2 of the stock ones on my first tear down using a 1/4" socket without even trying. If those are grade 8 I will truely be amazed. I did test the new bolts and comparied to the stock ones they are substantially stronger, but less then I was expecting I broke them with my 1/2" torque wrench at 40 Ibs/in my torque wrench can not be adjusted low enough to measure the stock bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread