Intercooler pump not working

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
mine is now giving me issues... i was out driving and letting the car warm up... my aeroforce gauge is showing my iat2's rise.. it got all the way up to 162*.... so i knew my pump was not working.. then all of a sudden the temps shot down to around 125-130* as if the pump turned on all of a sudden

it happened again the very next day... sounds like my pump is starting to go out?

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
03snake04... Try cleaning the pump. There are a few threads on here on how to go about it. It's simple and could cure your issue for a couple years.

As for burping the system, I fill it through the res then once it is full use the relay to kick the pump on. At this time the fluid will completely disappear from the res and start trying to circulate. Continue to add fluid as needed while pump is running until the res is at or near the full line... This worked for me with zero issues.

Remember bubbles are a good thing to see in the INTERCOOLER res.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Established Member
Another easy way to burp any system is to pressurize it, just force coolant through until it doesn't compress any more, while pumps are on.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Yup^^ $88 bucks.
I ordered a new one since I'll be draining and flushing my whole cooling system.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
^people bitch when u make a new thread without searching. Then people bitch if they bring an old one back from the dead... What do you people want???

jmc302

Established Member
Quick question on the IC pump...how many amps does it run? I'm wiring one into my soon to be blown GT so it will be running directly off a key on power source. I have an inline fuse holder, just need to put in the correct size.

Thanks

vipergts281

Established Member
So if jumping the relay doesn't work and the fuse is NOT blown, the pump is probably shot??

Mine is running. I hit something in the road the other day and it made a small hole in the eat exchange so all of the coolant leaked out. Not sure how long I drove with no coolant.

Fixed the hole and now there is coolant in there but I can't get the pump to turn on. Could it have burnt out from running with no coolant?

Sanchez209

Established Member
Intercooler pump

Okay my problem is that my pump don't start when the car is running. I jump start it how you show it and it starts but it's not on when my car is on. I checked both fuses and there good so idk what would be the problem now. :(

Sanchez209

Established Member
Intercooler pump

I drove like 40 miles in a 84 degree weather and when I got to my destination it was still not on. I drove back and it still wasn't kicking on I dipped my finger in the reservoir and the water was like boiling hot. :/

BIOSVT

TTT. Sanchez 209 Mine is doing the same thing. New pump, new relay, new fuse, pump works when you jump it but will not kick on. Could it be the IAT2 Map Sensor?

Users who are viewing this thread