Intercooler pump won’t jump

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
Hey guys, I was attempting to change the inter cooler fluid. Prior to draining anything, I pulled the relay by the intake, and was able to jump the pump. Fluid was swirling in the reservoir, and the I heard the pump. Next, I pulled the lower h/e hose to drain fluid, filled the reservoir, and went for the jump. This time, I noticed a spark when I connected the wire, but the pump still worked and I let it run until the reservoir level was low. I added some more fluid to the reservoir, but now the pump doesn’t seem to work. If there was air in the system, would I still hear the pump? The 10amp fuse looks good...did I ruin the intercooler pump?

speedoflife

Established Member
Hey guys, I was attempting to change the inter cooler fluid. Prior to draining anything, I pulled the relay by the intake, and was able to jump the pump. Fluid was swirling in the reservoir, and the I heard the pump. Next, I pulled the lower h/e hose to drain fluid, filled the reservoir, and went for the jump. This time, I noticed a spark when I connected the wire, but the pump still worked and I let it run until the reservoir level was low. I added some more fluid to the reservoir, but now the pump doesn’t seem to work. If there was air in the system, would I still hear the pump? The 10amp fuse looks good...did I ruin the intercooler pump?
This is a common problem and the solution is either to regularly tap on/hit the pump or get a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread