intercooler resevoir

ralphcobra

Established Member
Hey Guys need some help, what did I do wrong. Just got my lethal performanceintercooler resevoir. Took the two lines off the old tank and put them on the new tank. Now car is running hot and hot water is running underneath the radiator resevoir cap. Engine is heating up above normal. I have not driven the car just let it idle. Car was operating perfectly before I made the change and has 9,000 miles on it with no mods except a tune, cai and bassani exhaust. Anybody have a clue what I might have done? Thanks, Ralph

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
You probably have air trapped in there, try a search on how to bleed the air out.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
you probably do still have air in there. these cars can be a PITA to properly bleed all of the air... but that doesn't explain why the engine is overheating or why the radiator cap is leaking. did you disconnect any of the radiator hoses??

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
So he changed the intercooler reservoir and now the radiator reservoir cap is puking coolant? Is that correct?

ralphcobra

Established Member
Beats the hell out of me, but I took the cap off the top steel line, added about a gallon of water and it solved the problem. I was under the impression that the two systems were entirely separate. I know that it does not make any sense, but it is what happened. Apparently, it is sucking air somewhere in the system, but I can't seem to find where. Thanks anyway guys. Ralph

SVT_4_me

Established Member
Beats the hell out of me, but I took the cap off the top steel line, added about a gallon of water and it solved the problem. I was under the impression that the two systems were entirely separate. I know that it does not make any sense, but it is what happened. Apparently, it is sucking air somewhere in the system, but I can't seem to find where. Thanks anyway guys. Ralph

you are right, the systems are separate from each other... i am confused on that one. :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You didn't touch anything else in the cooling system when you did the install? Weird.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Beats the hell out of me, but I took the cap off the top steel line, added about a gallon of water and it solved the problem.
Hmmm... well these cars are known for puking out coolant for a number of reasons but I think this is just a coincidence. Here are some possibilities:

Air trapped in the system (keep refilling at crossover tube when the car is cold to remedy)
Cap/reservoir not sealing due to defective reservoir bottle
Bad thermostat
Head gasket (hopefully not, but I think this happens intermittently in early stages)

Users who are viewing this thread