Intercooler resorvoir fill procedure

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
Need some help quickly guys. A girl at work drove her 04 today and when checking it out, her IC tank was empty. We went and bought the coolant from ford.

Question is how do I fill it? Do I fill the tank, small as it is, start car and let pump kick on and suck the fluid in? Is there a particular burp procedure?

Help me get her back on the road and home guys.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
You do fill the system through the small tank. When I have to re-fill my system, I take the pump relay out and use a jumper wire to toggle the pump on and off as I add more coolant. This helps burp the system and with the engine off, you can listen to the pump as the air is removed. The relay is located under a black cover on the passenger inner fender well next to the mass air meter. When you look at the plug with relay removed, you will jump the terminal towards the outside of the car and center of the car. Not front and rear. Good luck! Why was her system empty?

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Sorry, no pics as of right now. If you search in the search section, there is quite a few threads on exactly how to do it with pics and wiring diagrams.

Users who are viewing this thread