Intercooling system question

REDFIRE03SVT

Established Member
OK when I got my car tuned, the guy had a little device he stuck in the fuse panel or somewhere that kept the intercooling system running even when the car was off to cool it down before the dyno runs.. Does anyone know what this is or how to make one/where to put it or a link to a thread about this?
thanks in advance!:beer:

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
HARD TO EXPLAIN but, its located in the engine bay on passenger it's a lil black box you open it and connect any wire from whole to whole!

Sorry for the crappy directions, but it's hard to explain!

M240Bravo

Established Member
Keeps the intercooler pump running when the car is off..

So its like a turbo timer?

It just keeps the pump going while the car is off, then you have to pull the wiring out it shuts off? For a weekend toy is this a good thing to do?

AaronK

Established Member
So its like a turbo timer?

It just keeps the pump going while the car is off, then you have to pull the wiring out it shuts off? For a weekend toy is this a good thing to do?

It's not a bad idea at all. It's good for when you're in the staging lanes at the track and your car is off.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
wouldn't this mod burn out the intercooler pump eventually

Not really because your ICP is on most of the time, if not all of the time when you drive...but yes, the mroe you use it, the more likely it would fail is my guess

Users who are viewing this thread