Interest check for GB for Racebronco heat extractor style hoods!

94slowbra1

Established Member
Pricing???
What is it worth:
To run in warmer temps without having to worry about running hot and going into limp mode while open tracking?

To not have to constantly look at your engine temps while open tracking, having to go into cool down mode when you just passed that C6ZO6?

To run cooler ait2's and engine temps all the time?

To do high speed runs over 150mph and actually take both hands off the wheel and the car goes straight as an arrow? I did it only for a second or two on my way to 172.3 mph in the standing mile. Car was as steady at 100 mph as it was at 172mph.

To out mph most of the stock and slightly modded C6ZO6's in the standing mile at only 520rwhp?

My car and a friends car do have all the cooling mods so your results may vary. At one mile event there was 3 Terminators. Friends car was 490rwhp, mine was at 520rwhp and there was a Whipple terminator at 550rwhp. Same car, same gearing etc. The 490rwhp Terminator was 1 mph faster than the Whipple powered cobra at 162mph, i was at 172.3mph. I was 11mph faster and down 30rwhp.
Is a different hood like this really capable of all this? Are the aerodynamics of these cars really that bad? I love the idea of a more stable car at high speeds

racebronco2

Established Member
It takes me about 9 months to a year to mod these hoods. It just takes alot of time to do these in my spare time. I do have access to my first design. It is on my friends 03 cobra. I will see if i can get the guy whom has one of my first design to post up pics.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
you could get carbon fiber and rock it as is for a while and then paint it later when you have the $.

Lol and put a Honda sticker on the side too :) j/k. Funds are not a problem, was more just accessing what I'd have sunk in a hood and see if it was worth it to me.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Lol and put a Honda sticker on the side too :) j/k. Funds are not a problem, was more just accessing what I'd have sunk in a hood and see if it was worth it to me.

lol. i hear ya. ill be in the same boat. guys with black cars are lucky

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Of course I just bought a cowl hood at the end of last year and now this is available... ugh me want!

sell that sucker. there's always someone who wants to grab one of those.

Steve, really excited about this hood, I'm leaning towards carbon fiber, I have never seen a CF/FG hood before... pros/cons of all CF vs. a CF/FG hood other than weight... what do we think the weight differential will be between the all FG vs CF/FG vs all CF hoods?

ill ask my guy. he's been busy and kind of hard to get a hold of. so ill get back to you. either way, no matter which one you choose, they will all be lighter than the stock hood. fiberglass is really light. much lighter than aluminum. and carbon fiber weighs next to nothing lol.
most carbon fiber hoods on the market are not all carbon fiber. most have fiberglass frames underneath to help keep costs down. the hood is still super light and you get the cool carbon fiber look on the top layer. if you look at an aftermarket hood and dont see the weave on the bottom, its fiberglass. and ive seen FG done that looks like weave as well, though not two tone like cf.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
count me in! i have wanted what racebronco has for a while now! steve, please PM paypal info and i can send over!

not going to collect any funds until we have at least 10 people on board. now that we know pricing. we just have to wait for them to show up lol. if you guys know people who may be interested, know guys who are track guys let them know. once we get the first ones done they'll be easier to get in the future. but we need to get the thing off the ground in the first place. if i had $10-12k to sink into it myself i would. too many projects on the table right now.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I'm the guinea pig running the latest version of Racebronco's custom hood from the OP. Hood looks killer, and kept my temps in check open tracking a 2.3L Whipple running 15psi a few months back.

20141122_131130_zps3042aba9.jpg

[video=youtube;zyThvPfVlbo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyThvPfVlbo[/video]

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I was thinking. Steve you have me down but don't you need to know what hood we are ready to make a deposit on? I want a fiberglass hood and can make the deposit whenever your ready

My last question is. Will they weigh any more or less than a factory hood?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I'm familiar with most of Carlos's cooling mods but what else do you have done besides the hood?

I'm the guinea pig running the latest version of Racebronco's custom hood from the OP. Hood looks killer, and kept my temps in check open tracking a 2.3L Whipple running 15psi a few months back.

racebronco2

Established Member
Cooling mods,
Bigger radiator
Thermostat in upper radiator hose
Evans oil filter/water adapter
Mark VIII fan
Rear head cooling mod
Meizere intercooler pump with a boost a pump at 100%
Dual Heat exchangers, plumbed in series. One is a rabbit radiator, one is stock
Radiator boxed in for open track, high speed runs bottom piece removed.

Most of the testing on the hood was before the dual heat exchanger and the whipple.

Last edited:

speeddemon2000

Established Member
What would the fitment of this hood with the whipple 3.4 compared to the stock hood? Is this basically a stock hood with modified vents or is their more clearance?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
What would the fitment of this hood with the whipple 3.4 compared to the stock hood? Is this basically a stock hood with modified vents or is their more clearance?

ron has a whipple now i believe. hopefully he can chime in

svt4.6snake

The weather man said theres a light chance of snow
Established Member
Man you are going to get some of us married guys in trouble. Lol

Entrenched

Established Member
Im in for Fiberglass. I was fixing to get my stock hood painted since the underside was never done. Let me know where to send the money. PM me in case I forget to check this thread.

stangfreak

Established Member
I love the look of this hood. The front is more aggressive than the stock hood. Its curved in.

with the carbon fiber, Im assuming we need to add hood pins correct since its very light? will we need hood pins for the half and half? These hoods will be identical to the one racebronco made? same features and benefits?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I love the look of this hood. The front is more aggressive than the stock hood. Its curved in.

with the carbon fiber, Im assuming we need to add hood pins correct since its very light? will we need hood pins for the half and half? These hoods will be identical to the one racebronco made? same features and benefits?

Identical yes.

Hood pins no. Definitely not for the 50/50 not sure about all cf but ill ask. They will use the stock hood latch

Users who are viewing this thread