Interested in a JLT Carbon Fiber Heat Shield?

DCTHOM3

Established Member
I ordered my JLT Carbon fiber ram air intake the other day. While ordering I asked Jay if he planned on making a Carbon fiber heat shield as an alternative to the plastic one. Jay said that it is kind of on the back burner and may become available towards the end of the year. I just want to see if anyone is interested in this product, so that maybe we could get it sooner. I know the Metco made a shield before but I'm pretty sure they no longer do. So if you want this, post up and maybe Tucker can kick it out sooner:beer:

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Yes. I would be interested if it looked as nice as the Metco piece.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I would be interested. I'm about to purchase their radiator cover so it think it will be a nice touch to have the intake cover out carbon fiber also.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would bet it would be a nice seller. Especially for those who have his CF RAI, CF fuse box cover, and the CF radiator shield.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Yes!

I have the Metco shield and they no longer make them any more. I always have people asking me where I got it and I tell them they no longer make it, so it would be good if they did. :thumbsup:

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Any thoughts on this? I bet you would make a killing if you could make something similar to the old Metco piece.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I'll buy one the day they come out. Heck, i'll even prepay

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Any pics of the Metco available? -- never saw one.
Here is an older picture of the one on my car.

3779304526_db0abb9488_o.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
Any thoughts on this? I bet you would make a killing if you could make something similar to the old Metco piece.

I actually own the prototype for the ones that Metco used to make. Unfortunately, I sent it in good faith to a CF guy on this board named "Jeed", and apparently got scammed!:mj:

Me too. Someone on here was talking about making some, but not sure what happened with that.

I will tell you what happened... back in March, I sent my Metco shield to the guy that was saying he would make them for this board. He was in a big hurry to get it going because of all the requests/interest, so I mailed it to him "Priority" on my dime, with the understanding that he would send it back as soon as he made a new mold from it, and as part of the deal, he was supposed to make me a new one to be sent back with the original. Here we are many months later, and all I ever received was excuses, and that was back when he even bothered to reply to pms! Anyone from CA know this joker? My patience with him has reached it's limit, because he was supposedly finished with the mold several months ago, yet I still don't even have my original part yet.:bash:

Brian

Tucker

Wow,
didn't know there was this much interest.
We are super busy with the 5.0 and other stuff right now, but can say without a doubt we WILL DO IT.
I have the original METCO shield that I purchased the rights to from Metco themselves.

I'll move it further to the front burner and get on it. I will be modifying it slightly to work with our kit, but that just means a different mounting tab. I also need to check H/E tanks.
So it's not an overnight project, but I will get to it.

Thanks
Jay

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Wow,
didn't know there was this much interest.
We are super busy with the 5.0 and other stuff right now, but can say without a doubt we WILL DO IT.
I have the original METCO shield that I purchased the rights to from Metco themselves.

I'll move it further to the front burner and get on it. I will be modifying it slightly to work with our kit, but that just means a different mounting tab. I also need to check H/E tanks.
So it's not an overnight project, but I will get to it.

Thanks
Jay

sounds great Jay. If you need anyone to test fit one with a True Forged H/E tank I'll be happy to hook you up. I am already running your CF RAI & fuse box cover. Not too far away either :beer:

Last edited:

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Great to hear Jay. Thanks for checking out this post.

I'm down for one when you are ready to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread