Interesting...14 auto gt versus 15 manual gt

matt5058

Established Member
I wonder how many miles are on the 2015. Given there isn't a massive difference in terms of horsepower, I don't think this is that surprising. What's the difference in weight on the 2014 GT Auto versus the 2015 GT manual?

Voltwings

Established Member
dude in the 15 cant drive... pretty even while in gear, or pulling, but as soon as it comes time to shift he loses ground. Street races have 101 different variables anyways, but you cant look at this and conclusively say "14>15"

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
As stated in the Vids section, it needs to be auto vs auto with the same gears to be considered a good comparison.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
I though the acceleration issue was already settled?

Taking into account stick vs stick & auto vs auto, the power to weight ratio of the 14 and 15 GT are virtually identical.

Acceleration is a wash, top speed goes to the 15 because electronic speed restrictions were lessened.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
LOL. Of course this proves nothing. Entertainment purposes only. Don't get your panties in a knot Voltwings...

Voltwings

Established Member
No ones panties are knotted, but tell me you've never seen the 1 honda beat the 1 corvette, mustang, camaro, what have you, and now all hondas are suddenly V8 killers. Its just irritating when people take 1 video as fact. Yes, i may have over reacted a tad, but still, my point remains the same.

Rct851

Established Member
Really wish my 2013 was CO

I'd like to see 2014 tune/intake/cat vs 2015 tune/intake/catback. See if this new car is really sandbagging more than a 2011-2014 from the factory

Last edited:

greenscobie86

Established Member
Anything can happen on the street. Nice seeing the two cars run on the street like that.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I don't understand how anyone in this forum is complaining that the new gt is not faster than the previews model. Is not like you guys won't do a Shit load of mods to make it faster.. at the end of the day who ever spends the most money on either car will win. I mean money spent in performance parts not stickers and crap.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Hmm, wonder when was the last time a major revision to the Mustang was slower than the previous generation - I would assume 73 > 74. One more reason to nick name the '15 Mustang the Mustang III.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Wasnt the 93 a little faster than the 94 because of the similar power but the 94 being heavier?

Ding ding ding. I also think it happened another year but not certain and data from then is sporadic and unrealiable so I won't put it. But it happens. Has happened.

I'm willing to bet the 15 has the ability to be faster. All else equal.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
dude in the 15 cant drive... pretty even while in gear, or pulling, but as soon as it comes time to shift he loses ground. Street races have 101 different variables anyways, but you cant look at this and conclusively say "14>15"

he can drive just fine, fact is the fastest 5.0's around the country are autos.... 6mt guys (including me) its time to swallow the pill

Voltwings

Established Member
Stock for stock i think not... you could write a book waiting for those things to shift. I dont doubt the potential of the auto when compared to the mt-82, but thats not what we're comparing here. If ground is being gained / lost when the shifts take place ... you cant drive.

Rct851

Established Member
id think stock vs stock the manual should have a small advantage from a roll

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Ahhh let's make everyone happy and just say the dudes' in the 15 were just fatter... LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread