Interesting Movie - First Cow

quad

Established Member
I streamed this movie on Showtime Anytime and it is a really interesting character study and glimpse into the past of Oregon Territory and how people lived back then. I personally thought it was very well done. Not for everyone or those that like more action or a faster pace. Apparently A24 can turn any topic into a great movie lol!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hmmm, that does look like a good movie. Different, in a good way. I don't have Showtime, though. :( I see that I can rent it (UHD) for $3.99 with my Prime account.

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Looks like it would be interesting. First Cow......lol. **** it, I'd watch it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
After watching A24 films the cow was really an alien/demon and tortures and eats the people there in the extended cut.

quad

Established Member
After watching A24 films the cow was really an alien/demon and tortures and eats the people there in the extended cut.
Here's another good A24 film. Adam Sandler gives one of his best performances. I view him in a new light after this movie. I streamed this on Netflix. It's still on.

quad

Established Member
Hmmm, that does look like a good movie. Different, in a good way. I don't have Showtime, though. :( I see that I can rent it (UHD) for $3.99 with my Prime account.
That will be cheaper than getting a Showtime account lol! We have just about every streaming service except for Epix. We get that for free once in a while over the weekend.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That will be cheaper than getting a Showtime account lol! We have just about every streaming service except for Epix. We get that for free once in a while over the weekend.
Yeah, definitely. I'm not a fan, since cutting the cable/satellite cord, of adding on multiple streaming services like Showtime only to have my monthly bill shoot up to near where it was before. I absolutely love and prefer the alacarte approach to streaming.

That Adam Sandler film, Uncut Gems, looks really good. I can rent that one, as well, on Amazon Prime Video for $3.99. Which I WILL do.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Yeah, definitely. I'm not a fan, since cutting the cable/satellite cord, of adding on multiple streaming services like Showtime only to have my monthly bill shoot up to near where it was before. I absolutely love and prefer the alacarte approach to streaming.

That Adam Sandler film, Uncut Gems, looks really good. I can rent that one, as well, on Amazon Prime Video for $3.99. Which I WILL do.

It's a Netflix movie. While I agree with you I do it a different way. Use the trials and or pay for one month, binge and rotate to the next service go back later once they have more content. If you don't forget to cancel you actually get a decent deal.

It was a good movie but wouldn't pay $4 when I can pay $15 for a whole month of Netflix which gets that movie. Plus a couple other decent now for the holiday down time. Plus "High Life" if you want to see possibly the most deranged A24 movie lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That works IF you have other stuff on Netflix you want to watch. I used to have Netflix but just didn't find a lot of content worth keeping it. I'm not into Series, so that was a factor.

Users who are viewing this thread