Interesting thought...on the new KR

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
You think Hennessey will get sued??

620 HP - KR600 Engine Upgrade - KING OF THE ROAD

Click here to see the KR600 lay down 535 rear wheel hp (620 flywheel hp) on the Dynojet chassis dyno.

Power:
620 HP @ 6,100 rpm
625 Lb-Ft Torque @ 4,400 rpm

KR600 Upgrade System Includes:

High Flow Air Induction
Stainless Exhaust Upgrade
Supercharger Pulley Upgrade
Custom Tuned Software
Fuel/Spark Recalibration
Mass Air Sensor Recalibrator
Road & Dyno Testing
Professional Installation
2 Year / 24,000 Mile Warranty
Allow up to 2 Weeks for Installation

Pic2.php

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com...VhY&DoThis=Ford+Mustang+GT500&ActionReq=Where

sprint200

Established Member
FOMOCO is currently sueing (sp) many small "mom & pop" companies that have made the Mustang hobby what it is today just because they use the name "Mustang" in their logo or business name.

If they (Ford) are that ruthless (& short-sighted) with their "friends" then they had better chew Hennessey up and spit him out in pieces for copyright and/or trademark infringement!

FBMphil

Established Member
sprint200 said:
FOMOCO is currently sueing (sp) many small "mom & pop" companies that have made the Mustang hobby what it is today just because they use the name "Mustang" in their logo or business name.

If they (Ford) are that ruthless (& short-sighted) with their "friends" then they had better chew Hennessey up and spit him out in pieces for copyright and/or trademark infringement!
It's called protecting your trademark. If it enters common use in the public domain, and you do nothing to protect it (i.e. sue everyone who illegally uses it) then you lose the rights to exclusively market a product with that name.

The correct term is "genericide." Like Kleenex.

Last edited:

sccaSVT

Waiting for a new 5.0
Established Member
After hearing so many stories about private customers suing Hennessey, I'm amazed he's still in business. I'm also amazed that anyone still sends their cars to his shop. :nonono:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
sccaSVT said:
After hearing so many stories about private customers suing Hennessey, I'm amazed he's still in business. I'm also amazed that anyone still sends their cars to his shop. :nonono:

PT Barnum said there's a sucker born every day!!!:idea:

bluestreak89

Established Member
sccaSVT said:
Because what you see here and on other forums is what you call small business, what you see on the magazines, dupont registry etc is what is called big business, we can only hope one magazine has the balls to say what the real enthusiasts know. Only then will he suffer some real loss.

sccaSVT

Waiting for a new 5.0
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
Because what you see here and on other forums is what you call small business, what you see on the magazines, dupont registry etc is what is called big business, we can only hope one magazine has the balls to say what the real enthusiasts know. Only then will he suffer some real loss.
I would have sworn that I read one of the "big" car mags at least say that customers were getting ripped off. Can't remember which one.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
This is 100% true.

I ship cars internationally, and out of Houston, I ship hennessey vehicles as well and he is not hurting one bit.

The rich people that don't care, don't read internet car forums.

Users who are viewing this thread