interference coming through radio

Anabolic

Banned
when I turned my radio on today & started the car, it almost sounded like i could hear my fuel pump through the radio. Any idea what would cause this? my trunk is gutted but both fuel/stereo are stock to what i know (not sure what previous owner did)
but what would cause this?
never happend before and just happend once

MysticRob

Established Member
If it doesn't stop with good weather check your antenna cable connection. My beater Saturn had all kinds of interference and it turned out to be a loose jack and plug connection between 2 cables under the dash. I pushed the cables back together and had no problem after that. Oddly, I'd never been under the dash so vibration over time must've been the cause.

SVT-FI$H2088

Fi$hmeister
Established Member
I know people have some interference like that once they install HID's. Check it out just in case if u do have a pair. Good luck.

03SVTscott

Established Member
when I turned my radio on today & started the car, it almost sounded like i could hear my fuel pump through the radio. Any idea what would cause this? my trunk is gutted but both fuel/stereo are stock to what i know (not sure what previous owner did)
but what would cause this?
never happend before and just happend once

I think I have this same issue in my wife's 04 GT and my Cobra. I haven't gotten a chance to look into it but to me it sounds like a ground issue.

Users who are viewing this thread