interior rattles and creaks

badass98vert

Established Member
thats something that bothers me about mine also. i was just thinking about taking a weekend and ripping the entire interior out and putting in some kind of insulating material, and then put it all back together making sure all the screws are there and everything is tight. it will probably help with quieting down road noise too. the only thing you have to worry about is getting something that doesnt weigh a ton.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I bought a small vinyl weatherstripping and went around the edge of my door panels and radio bezel. This helped quiet the interior down alot. I also use foam tape and stick it in between various plastic pieces to keep them from touching.

Another squeak I had was from the trunk liner. I had a terrible squeak from the rear that I thought was coming from the suspension. After alot of looking I found it was the metal clip that holds the trunk liner on right behind the rear seat. It wasn't clipped to the sheetmetal and was rubbing against it, causing the noise.

SELLSZ06

Established Member
if you take the panels of and put them back on, is hard to line it up so that it looks done right or is it going to show that the car has been taken apart

MAXX RS4

Established Member
I just went through my car today to quiet some stuff down..

I used Plumber's putty and squish it between various plastic panels (like the door cups and radio bezel). I also used a whole sheet of little felt stickers in areas where I couldn't easily remove the pieces such as between the shelf in the back and the a pillar plastic thing..

About 90% of my squeaks and rattles are gone so I need to go bak and figure out where the rest are coming from..

MAXX RS4

Established Member
SELLSZ06 said:
if you take the panels of and put them back on, is hard to line it up so that it looks done right or is it going to show that the car has been taken apart

You'll probably make it look better than it was from the factory.

98gt281

Established Member
My GT does the same thing, I think it is just a mustang problem, my SS is nice and tight on the inside. Maybe get some dynomat and see if it helps... also check your rear bushings, alot of the time that is the problem...

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I wouldnt get Dynamat, its too heavy. I used R-Blox. Its the same principal as dynamat, but only thinner. I took out the seats, carpet and every pannel in the car and trunk and covered the car. Its really quiet in the car not even with the radio off.

Users who are viewing this thread