Interior rattles

Justin81

Established Member
I'm wondering if any of you guys have interior rattles. I have one particular problem with my rearview mirror. It sounds like something inside is broke and it's a constant rattle over every bump or with the radio on. Aside from that I get what I think is a lot of door panel rattling with the radio up loud. I believe it's mostly on the passenger side but it doesn't sound good. I have the dealer working on a fix for the defective mirror but it's still a noisy interior. Anyone else have these concerns. The car only has 3,200 miles.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
I'm wondering if any of you guys have interior rattles. I have one particular problem with my rearview mirror. It sounds like something inside is broke and it's a constant rattle over every bump or with the radio on. Aside from that I get what I think is a lot of door panel rattling with the radio up loud. I believe it's mostly on the passenger side but it doesn't sound good. I have the dealer working on a fix for the defective mirror but it's still a noisy interior. Anyone else have these concerns. The car only has 3,200 miles.
At just over 7k, the only thing I've occasionally gotten is a buzzing vibration from the passenger speaker turned up about half way with DJ or advertisement speaking on the radio.

Zemedici

Established Member
buzzing normally means blown speaker, and should be easy to get replaced under 3/36

same with mirror.

Rct851

Established Member
Something in my passenger door rattles with certain music and bumps. Finally not blistering hot here anymore so it will get taken part soon.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Also, I had a 13 3.7 premium that did the same exact buzzing when someone was talking with the radio turned up.

vergil

Established Member
Speaker, passenger side window and gauge cluster. 2012 gt, 21000 miles.

Last edited:

robbyrobs

Established Member
I've noticed it too, rear view mirror is bad, and then passenger door panel. I believe it is the window switch bezel that is vibrating in my car. Not sure if it's common or not

Nuar

Established Member
My rear view mirror does it too, the passenger door panel does it and something in the passenger rear mkst corner by the rear window rattles with the vibrarions over bumps or when going through rpms from the motor vibrarion. Really noticeable on a cold start before the rpms settle.

NacsMXer

Established Member
For everybody with the passenger side door/speaker vibration, it is probably your power window switch. I've found this to be a common issue with our cars. My passenger side would buzz near the speaker at certain times on my 2014.

To fix it, all you have to do is pop out the switch panels and remove the actual switch assembly. You might need 3-4 hands and a few screwdrivers for the passenger side. It's a little tricky to get it free from the locking tabs. Once it's apart, stick on some 3M foam mounting tape all the way around the switch and reinstall it. I also did the driver's side while I was at it for good measure.

mczpyt.jpg

ebboeg.jpg

4i1ysz.jpg

2hed66r.jpg

2v10n0o.jpg

Justin81

Established Member
I was messing with the mirror on Saturday. It seems like its the clip on the back side of the mirror. I am going to mess more with it, when it's in storage this winter.

Which clip? Mine is so bad that when I close the sun visor it rattles for like 3 seconds afterwards. I haven't messed with it at all.

Tech4Dummies

Established Member
Haven't had any issues like this. I thought I did at several different times but it always turned out to be a penny left in the cup holder or someone had left something in the passenger door map storage space thingy to rattle around and annoy me.

BTW thanks for the info Nacs

uwood

Established Member
Which clip? Mine is so bad that when I close the sun visor it rattles for like 3 seconds afterwards. I haven't messed with it at all.

Right be hind the mirror, dead center, there is a clip like a phone jack. Thats what is loose on mine. I usually just roll down a window, or turn up the radio to drown it out.

Rct851

Established Member
So ghetto having to use the windows down or radio up for rattles... I'm not talking about exhaust drone or noises brought on by go fast mods...I guess these are the things the s500 is supposed to fix

Justin81

Established Member
Mines getting so much worse. The mirror is out of hand. The passenger side door and rear deck are both rattling with the radio on. If I didn't love the car so much I would drop it like a bad habbit over this. I have a 2013 R/T Charger and the sound system, media center and interior is light years ahead of the Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread