Intermittent alternator charging

Ian torres

Established Member
I have been having alternator problems I have replaced it once about a year ago with a 200amp and just recently it’s been charging intermittently I pulled it out and got it tested and everything checked out before I pulled it out I checked all connections to the alternator. Do you guys have any suggestions on what else I can check that would be causing this problem if so it would be greatly appreciated thank you.

rymax101

Established Member
Check the pins in the connector. Make sure they are making proper contact

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

olympic

Established Member
I have a Mechman alternator that did the same thing and it was the connector. Mechman supplies an adapter harness with the alt which worked for a while and then the intermittent charging started. I had to de-pin the connecter and tweak the "spring" mechanism in each terminal that grabs onto the pins in the alternator.

Ian torres

Established Member
I have a Mechman alternator that did the same thing and it was the connector. Mechman supplies an adapter harness with the alt which worked for a while and then the intermittent charging started. I had to de-pin the connecter and tweak the "spring" mechanism in each terminal that grabs onto the pins in the alternator.
Thank you for the reply I will look into the plug

hotcobra03

Established Member
I had issues on the main ground stud on motor mount.

Stud had broken but did not fall out, causing strange issues till found

Users who are viewing this thread