Internet Explorer Issues

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
I'm reporting in after a switch to Chrome, everything works fine but it is hard to overcome years of muscle memory with feature locations, and functionality.

I still have IE on the machine as a backup and as of this morning it was still acting the same here on SVTP, the troubleshooting results are well beyond my knowledge base, so I can't offer anything other than keep up the good work!

Late edit:

I went ahead and followed Method 1 & 2 listed here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...some-web/4021b63c-4cf3-45b9-a728-1dbc8ad1705c

I rebooted my computer and IE 11 seemed to behave better, still not a good as chrome, but better than before.

Can you guys give those steps a try and report back, please.

I had tried Method 1 a couple days ago, just as a something I remember from previous problems over the years, it offered no improvement.

Method 2 was met with "Sorry, your operating system is not support by Fix It at this time"

I am running Win 8.1 64 bit, LOL.

Last edited:

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
I'm at my wit's end, I'm beginning to think the issues is with IE 11 only, and likely isolated to specific implementations of IE 11.

I just ran the http://www.webpagetest.org/ test again, across different IE versions.

IE 11 from San Antonio test location (utter crap)
hnJzKGf.png

IE 11 from Dulles, VA test location (lightning fast)
wRoauAz.png

IE 11 from NYC test location
GcDcJ5y.png

IE 11 from San Francisco test location
D2PCdRQ.png

IE 10 from Dulles, VA test location(not bad)
FhrEqvv.png

IE 9 from Dulles, VA test location(speedy)
FBWfZBq.png

IE 8 from Dulles, VA test location
GnYIQcf.png

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I know it's beating a dead horse, but definitely give Chrome a chance. I've used FF for years but recently it started acting up on me. Today I made the decision to fully move over to Chrome (been using it sporadically for years) and the difference is huge. Chrome is far faster on every site I visit than FF ever was, even when it was functioning properly.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I've switched to chrome and also fire fox with no difference. What does this site not have in common with any other site? All others I've been to work fine.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I know it's beating a dead horse, but definitely give Chrome a chance. I've used FF for years but recently it started acting up on me. Today I made the decision to fully move over to Chrome (been using it sporadically for years) and the difference is huge. Chrome is far faster on every site I visit than FF ever was, even when it was functioning properly.

I just tried the site on Chrome, it is a bit faster than FF as far as posting and opening threads. I've been using FF so long, I just need to convince myself to move all my other stuff over and try to get used to it.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
I've switched to chrome and also fire fox with no difference. What does this site not have in common with any other site? All others I've been to work fine.

Not sure what to tell you, as you can see in this thread I've run multiple tests and looked at page load speed data from two difference sources.

What are your computer and internet connection stats?

run this: http://www.speedtest.net/ when it's finished, click Share this result, then click Forum. copy and paste that here.

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
Here is my result:

Also I checked in with IE again and this is just as bad a s ever, still no loading any of the bottom right ads and hanging up.

For the future I will keep running Chrome, but it is a strange compatibility issue we've uncovered...

Last edited:

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
Everything is running slick with Chrome, functionally faster than it has every been with IE versions, even long before the recent issues.

I stopped chasing "best" browsers back when IE was competing with Netscape Navigator while Altavista, Webcrawler, and Askjeeves were viable search engines. If something works, I generally stick with it until it fails or gives me reason to change.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Not sure what to tell you, as you can see in this thread I've run multiple tests and looked at page load speed data from two difference sources.

What are your computer and internet connection stats?

run this: http://www.speedtest.net/ when it's finished, click Share this result, then click Forum. copy and paste that here.

My connection is fine. I use many sites every day and this is the only one that gives grief. I don't know what changed in the past few weeks with it but...let me just say I'm glad I'm not paying to be a premium member at this point.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So we getting any of these things fixed for IE 11. I have used chrome but was getting issues where ive had to uninstall for now. I do like IE and works really well on most sites but has issues on svtp.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
So we getting any of these things fixed for IE 11. I have used chrome but was getting issues where ive had to uninstall for now. I do like IE and works really well on most sites but has issues on svtp.

Are you still experiencing issues?

I've been using IE11 on the site the last two days "for testing" purposes and it's been flying. It should have improved, as we made some changes the way ads are served.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Are you still experiencing issues?

I've been using IE11 on the site the last two days "for testing" purposes and it's been flying. It should have improved, as we made some changes the way ads are served.

I will check it out later today or tomorrow. But i know a week ago or so i was still having delaying issues. Both with typing in the quick reply box and loading pages on svtp on windows 7 pro with IE11

Users who are viewing this thread