***Intimidators Mecca Tune HID Group Purchase***

Weasel

Established Member
Thanks ilumo for the info. So you're saying that the distance lit is not what you expected ? I, too am planning on getting the 6500K kit, but in addition to the headlights I'm planning on doing the foglamps as well. I'm wondering if they will project more effectively than the headlamps.
Also, if anyone else installs the foglamp conversion, please post how well it works and ballast mounting location.

Thanks
Mike

svtxchinoy

Established Member
I'm about to install mine right now. If its at least better than halogen, ill be happy. Xenon's that I've seen dont go as far as you think, but its far enough and the illumination is great. By the way, anyone find projectors for these cars yet? Havent seen anyone make them. :shrug:

Last edited:

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
yes, the lighting is definately better than halogen, and as long as you dont need your highbeams, you'll be VERY happy. The thing is, sometimes I need to see further down the road, and without high beams, its kind of annoying... with my other kit on my maxima, I could see a LOT further down the road...

You can always ask hidtech.com to make us a set.... it wont be cheap though... 700$ probably.

ilumo

Established Member
I had that problem too, so thats why i mounted them under the plastic piece that the hood prop slides into. Theres 4 screws to take out, then you can pop off the plastic piece. then you can mount the ballasts to the underside of that where the holes are. Use the dblsided foam stickie they supplied, and if you want extra hold, drill 2 holes into the plastic on each side, and then ziptip it, or just screw it in. Mine is ziptied, and you can even tell where the ballasts are when you open up the hood.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
how did you guys put the positive relay on the battery? I'm having problems taking out the screw

Viper_ed

Locked & Loaded!!!
Established Member
Try using the post located right behind the battery on the strut tower. I ran the power line for my stereo from this point.

ilumo

Established Member
I just ghettorigged it to the post until I could get a different nut or a different terminal for the battery.

ilumo

Established Member
hahaha.. not THAT ghetto... more like clamp the 2 positive terminals to the post with the original clamp ;)

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Intimadator, I just installed it, but I think one of the ballasts is dead. It won't charge up the bulb. I tried swapping the bulb and both work. Do I contact Henry or MeccaTune themselves?

ilumo

Established Member
You should contact henry... did you doublecheck the connections for the ballast and make sure they are all plugged in. And also that the grounds and powers are good? If all thats good, then.. hmmm...

Wow.. this is the 2nd person from the groupdeal that has had this prob... :-/

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by svtxchinoy
Intimadator, I just installed it, but I think one of the ballasts is dead. It won't charge up the bulb. I tried swapping the bulb and both work. Do I contact Henry or MeccaTune themselves?

Contact Henry at [email protected].

Make sure that you've got everything plugged in correctly.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Yeah, everything was plugged in. It makes this wierd sound when I turn on the headlights. The other ballast is pretty quiet on startup, but this one makes a wierd slight buzzing noise. Is that normal?? Well, the one that is working is great. The light is definately more noticeable and I love the way the xenons warm up. Did that other person get a new ballast too?

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by ilumo
You should contact henry... did you doublecheck the connections for the ballast and make sure they are all plugged in. And also that the grounds and powers are good? If all thats good, then.. hmmm...

Wow.. this is the 2nd person from the groupdeal that has had this prob... :-/

I know that you're trying to help but do me a favor and let me take care of the questions.

Thanks.

ilumo

Established Member
Im trying to help the forum members... this is an open forum after all... And this almost seems like a common occurance... not too good. The way that it came packaged was really NOT that good as well. The box had no padding whatsoever, and the box that the bulbs were in didnt have anything either. So the ballasts and bulbs were just free to bash against the walls all day long in the UPS truck...

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by ilumo
Im trying to help the forum members... this is an open forum after all... And this almost seems like a common occurance... not too good. The way that it came packaged was really NOT that good as well. The box had no padding whatsoever, and the box that the bulbs were in didnt have anything either. So the ballasts and bulbs were just free to bash against the walls all day long in the UPS truck...

That's fine and dandy. But if it's a direct question to me, let me take care of it.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Damn finally got my kit installed. The 8300K kicks @ss! I do have a small problem though. My passenger side flickers a bit once it gets warmed up. I drove it around for a little and once it started flickering came on back with my bright fogs. I might just have a loose connection or something but dont know yet. I will have to check it out tomorrow. Too tired to mess with it right now. Been working on it all night.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Oh yeah forgot to mention. This kit is top of the line! Nice, clean, and easy to install once you figure out where you want to place the ballast. Thanks Intimidator for hooking us up. I am sure my small problem will get worked out.

JR

Users who are viewing this thread