Introductions...

Prodigy603

Established Member
Long-time c6 owner here, moving to the dark side. :)

After looking and drooling for months I got a fantastic deal coming and going on my 2008 C6 Vert trade-in for a 2011 Red GT500 Vert.

I am very excited to join the ranks, and can't wait until Spring to enjoy her more (as she will go up on my lift for safe keeping until then).
:beer:

(sorry for the lame dealer photos, but here she is:)

0001093803.jpg

00010938.jpg

Jaysin

Established Member
Looks great, not a big fan of verts, but you can't go wrong with the 11' Gt500. Enjoy it, be safe, and welcome to SVTP!

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on the new Ford, and welcome to the site!

A 2011 GT500 is an awesome car, i'm sure you'll love it!

Just curious, but if you are storing it until spring, wouldnt you get a better deal by buying it in the spring as well?

THE_STIG

Established Member
Beautiful car, you will certainly enjoy it. I too can't wait for spring, I got new wheels coming and I'm not putting them on until Spring.

Prodigy603

Established Member
Just curious, but if you are storing it until spring, wouldnt you get a better deal by buying it in the spring as well?

Waiting until Spring was the plan. But, I knew what my Vette was worth, and they offered what I would consider "private-party" value for it (which I would have jumped on by Spring), plus the obvious tax savings.

In addition, they came down well below MSRP on the GT500 to make the deal (which I knew they would be less likely to do come this Spring).

It probably helped that I was the last sale they made for 2010.:coolman:

Prodigy603

Established Member
Looks great, not a big fan of verts, but you can't go wrong with the 11' Gt500. Enjoy it, be safe, and welcome to SVTP!

A big factor for parting with Vette was gaining a back seat for my two co-pilots. Can't beat the fun and flexibility of a four-seater convertible with this much power and handling.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Waiting until Spring was the plan. But, I knew what my Vette was worth, and they offered what I would consider "private-party" value for it (which I would have jumped on by Spring), plus the obvious tax savings.

In addition, they came down well below MSRP on the GT500 to make the deal (which I knew they would be less likely to do come this Spring).

It probably helped that I was the last sale they made for 2010.:coolman:

Nothing wrong with turning down a good deal! I sold my F350 to the dealer kinda spur of the moment b/c they offered me a private party price as well.

Enjoy the new ride! :beer:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Very nice ride. Just be safe with those co-pilots riding!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A big factor for parting with Vette was gaining a back seat for my two co-pilots. Can't beat the fun and flexibility of a four-seater convertible with this much power and handling.

Ah, now I see. I was going to ask why you sold your 2008 Vette for the GT500. I wish you the best with it. Nice looking car for sure. The remaining months until Spring are going to be tough, especially when you see your GT500 everytime you go into the garage. :lol1:

Enjoy it! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread