Iowa Cruise 2009: Ideas

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
What time do we have to meet at jordan creek to head west, 9:45ish?

03snkvert

Established Member
Ok, lets try this again today!

Ravenknight, are you saying the total, with stopping and taking pics driving etc, that it will take about two hours. I just don't know if I want to be in the car Driving another two hours. But if you are saying two hours by taking pics and messing around, where it isn't all in the car then that sounds good.

Its going to take us Iowa guys a bout 1hr 45min to get to CB so the DRIVING another 2 hours and then another 1hr 45min home is a lot of seat time. But if the 2 hour cruise time is total with stopping at lake manawa etc to take pics and stuff that sounds good.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Correct sir, add time for Lunch, then the stop at Manawa for pics and then about 45 minutes of scenic drive, so probably 21/2 to 3 hours or so give or take. Its a really nice drive and the problem is most of us Ne guys will be ready to drive, lol.

03snkvert

Established Member
That sound Good! I just didn't want it to be another 2hrs or Driving. It should take us about 1hr 45min to get there (around 12) shoot the breeze in the parking lot a little, get some lunch and head off on a drive.

Is there any way you could figure out a route to take that I could maybe blow up a little and print out, so if anybody gets cut off from the group (stop light) they will know where we are going and can catch up!

03snkvert

Established Member
That looks good, but I think we would want to start at Harrah's and grab a bite to eat first

Here is a map starting at Harrah's:Route

Anybody that is planning on coming give me your opinion on this drive. Total Driving time is 1hr 6min so we would have some time to take pics and shoot the shit!

I would like to get this finalized this weekend and start another link to get a list of people who plan on coming.

Corey

Thanks Ravenknight for getting a route put together.

Last edited:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
no problem I think Harrahs would be easier for most to find. I am in as long as my job doesnt throw another curveball at me with schedules. Cant wait.

03snkvert

Established Member
One of the Guys over on BMC suggested taking a trip over to Blair NE to Mikes Classic Cars where he has a number of Classic Cars including Mustangs! I sent him an email because he says they are only open until Noon on Saturdays and that wouldn't work.

However I would like to get some feedback on whether we would want to cruise to Mikes Classic Cars:http: Mike's Classic Cars - Blair Nebraska

Route2

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
One of the Guys over on BMC suggested taking a trip over to Blair NE to Mikes Classic Cars where he has a number of Classic Cars including Mustangs! I sent him an email because he says they are only open until Noon on Saturdays and that wouldn't work.

However I would like to get some feedback on whether we would want to cruise to Mikes Classic Cars:http: Mike's Classic Cars - Blair Nebraska

Route2

Not a bad idea classic cars are always fun to look at

03snkvert

Established Member
Still haven't gotten a email back from them, so at the moment it is still route 1!

03snkvert

Established Member
I am just putting this out there to ask, Would there be any interest in moving the date until June 13 or so? The only reason I ask, it that I want to be able to roll comfortably with the top down. There also seem to be a few people that cant make it do to Graduations etc.

If May 16th still works best for everyone, that's cool I just thought I would throw this out there. Give me some feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread