iphone unlocking question

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Hey guys my wife just picked up an iphone tonight but we need to unlock it for tmobile. Also is this the same thing as jailbreak the phone? Can anyone point me in the right direction where to go? Also Im not the best computer guy so is easy to do?

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Hey guys my wife just picked up an iphone tonight but we need to unlock it for tmobile. Also is this the same thing as jailbreak the phone? Can anyone point me in the right direction where to go? Also Im not the best computer guy so is easy to do?

ebay usually has a bunch of opotions for cheap. Im pretty sure jail breaking is the same as unlocking. Either way I did it to my phone takes about 20 min or so.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Jail breaking is not the same thing as unlocking it.

Unlocking your phone for a different provider involves a few more steps than jail breaking it.

I'll send you a PM op.

Last edited:

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Jail breaking is not the same thing as unlocking it.

Unlocking your phone for a different provider involves a few more steps than jail breaking it.

I'll send you a PM op.

thanks man, will be looking for it! Also its a 2g not 3g if that makes a difference

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
thanks man, will be looking for it! Also its a 2g not 3g if that makes a difference

I was in the middle of posting before I seen you had a 2g. I have no idea if the method above will work with that.

Do you know what firmware you are running on the phone? SETTINGS / GENERAL / ABOUT / VERSION

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
I was in the middle of posting before I seen you had a 2g. I have no idea if the method above will work with that.

Do you know what firmware you are running on the phone? SETTINGS / GENERAL / ABOUT / VERSION

I have 3.1.2 firmware.

I tried a few iclarefied links but the links inside were down or unavailable.

I found a guy a craigslist to unlock itbut he just flaked on me after I told him the firmware so I hope i didnt buy a bad phone for unlocking.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
use the one from the thread i posted yesterday. sinfuliphone.com
i have a 2g 16g and thats where i did mine, unlocked/jailbroken and MMS.

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
use the one from the thread i posted yesterday. sinfuliphone.com
i have a 2g 16g and thats where i did mine, unlocked/jailbroken and MMS.

I must have missed your thread.

Thanks for the link will check it out when I get home. Was it easy to do or was it a hassle? I'm not the most comp literate guy, I just want to mess the phone up and have to buy another

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I must have missed your thread.

Thanks for the link will check it out when I get home. Was it easy to do or was it a hassle? I'm not the most comp literate guy, I just want to mess the phone up and have to buy another

dude it was easy....
i am not too fancy with electronics and a guy from here walked me through it while on the phone. took about 15 mins. tops man. lmk if you need help.:beer:
SiNfuL iPhone

its just like svt...find the 2g area and just look it up. step by step and even has pics...its pretty idiot proof.....GODSPEED!:burnout:

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Ok I just met up with a guy and he unlocked and jailbroke the phone. problem being now is it wont activate, it keeps saying to connect to itunes. Well that does not do anything as well.

So now the phone wont show the home screen at all, can anyone give some info on this?

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Ok my wife was just playing with the phone and the screen pops up

essential upgrade needed (without sim card in phone)

WTH is going on now?

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
damn son!
you should've just followed the directions i gave you. its super easy man, he hacked into the matrix with your eye phone....you'll now see the girl in the red dress....

Users who are viewing this thread