ipod interface and mgw shifter install

Chameleon

Established Member
Well in for a penny in for a pound...

You see, I was forced to order the MGW shifter yesterday in order to receive the 10% discount. I simply had no choice. :pepper:

And since I had to take the shifter out to install the MGW shifter I knew that it would be a good time to install the ipod interface and ipod adapter. For those of us that own the 2004s, our stereo has a satellite adapter but not an ipod adapter. Since I am an avid ipod user (my ipod has over 5,000 songs on it) I am currently using one of those FM modulator converters - - which I hate. It features lousy sound quality and is constantly fading in and out (other than that is works great :rolleyes: ).

Using the FM modulator kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and had one of those transistor radios, you know the ones that were about 3 inches by 5 inches and had a chrome extension antennae that you had to point in the right direction to get a station (ok probably only the plus 40 year old crowd will remember that... for you young guns just take my word for it).

But now there is a solution Logjam electronics sells an converter and an Ipod interface for our (2004) head units that will allow us 2004 owners to plug in to the bottom of the ipod and transfer sound via a cable and charge the ipod at the same time. No more fm modulator and cigarette lighter adapter. :nono:

And since you have to take off the shifter boot to install the converter... logic dictated that I do this at the same time that I install my shifter.

Dang, I love logic. :beer:

For those that are interested a fellow Terminator owner found this product and did a good install write up. Here's the link....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221989

The converter and interface come to $137.40 (with shipping).

If I perform the two installs (MGW and ipod interface) correctly I should have great sound to go along with my silky smooth shifting. If not I may have the worlds first six speed ipod!!! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread