Ipod vs Zune

earl lee

Established Member
I'd get the new zune 2 in a heartbeat it is much better then the classic ipod, the old zune is ok for a first time mp3 player.

To make this easy all you have to do is ask yourself this, do you plan to buy music online? If so the ipod is the clear choice to go. I dont buy music online the only reason I have a ipod is because I found it on the ground lol.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
To make this easy all you have to do is ask yourself this, do you plan to buy music online? If so the ipod is the clear choice to go. I dont buy music online the only reason I have a ipod is because I found it on the ground lol.

How does that make any sense. Zune charges $14/mo for as many songs as you want to download. Hence why 30gb is a minimum.

ponyracer

Established Member
Cool great info from all but one member. Thanks, I have a lot to look into. She is only 14 so price is a major factor along with ease in use since I will have to figure out how to use it to help her. I think that we will start by mostly loading already owned CD's and such but the internet will be an option in the future. I will check into Rockbox and find out about that for sure. Thanks again, Jim

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
iPods are overpriced junk. They break.
My girlfriend has gone through four of them in less than two years. Also, the non-replaceable battery is a joke, but fortunately no iPod will last long enough to need a battery replacement.

If that's not enough, than iTunes by itself is reason enough to stay away from iPods.

There are other, much better offerings out there, including the Zune.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
i second the itunes BS. I may be old school, but i always like just going through "My Computer" and dragging and dropping the music to the actual drive (MP3 player) myself. No stupid programs needed to aid in the process.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
zunes are for gays.

Your Dad is gay....:kaboom:

The Zune is better, wireless music and file sharing....:thumbsup:

It's bigger and kids want something smaller than a TV remote. Don't think value, think fashion, especially if you are buying it for a girl.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Got a question about the Zune software. Do I have to wait until I have my Zune to download it? I just ordered a Zune today and I figured I'd get a head start on dl'ing the software, but it's been "Preparing your computer" for like an hour.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
couldn't be happier. i have converted many co-workers out of their ipods. it is a true music machine with a few gadgets.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I have the ZUNE and I must say I am very happy with the features. The big screen is what got me plus I like to be different. Everyone seemed to jump on the Apple Ipod so I went out on a limb and tried something new and the ZUNE is great. :thumbsup:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I have a Sony Walkman...$50, 2 gig, sounds good, easy to use, and it gets me to and from class.

illness

Established Member
I love my ipod nothign wrong with it.. I dont know anything about the zunes though.. but i do know there is more aftermarket support as far as accessories and auto accessories as mentioned before.. to me that means alot.. so i choose to stick with the ipod...

PS: HYBRED your Blue stang is amazing.. just looked at the build pics.. im soo jealous.. thats the car ive always wanted..

Last edited:

PDubs

Established Member
Zune is great. A good amount of storage, nice screen, more and more accessories keep coming.

ponyracer

Established Member
Well thanks fo rall the responses. After much consideration, we got her a Sandisk Sansa E250. It all came down to user serviceability, expandability and finally price. We paid $79.99 and added a 2 yr extended warranty for $12. We were also able to pick up 2 micro SD cards for it at $19 each.

So no onto the next obvious question. This coming weekend she is going over to Grandmas and that will give me time to check out Rockbox.org and work with it. So..

1. What advice do I need to know before I start?
2. I know just enough about this computer stuff to get myself in trouble.
3. anything else you think I need to know refer to statement #2. LOL

Thanks again you all are great to a noob!!

Users who are viewing this thread