IRS bushing installation cost.

04termi black beast

Established Member
I'm thinking on buying the FTBR irs bushing kit 5001 and ford racing diff Cover now in black Friday. And my questions is how much would it cost me for any shop to do the job for me? I live in an apt complex and don't have tools or any place to do it myself. Thank you guys, I just want to have an idea. I live in the Red Oak/Dallas Texas area, in case someone from here could probably do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RAIDERS

Established Member
If you live in apartment . Where did u park your terminator at ?

I wish I live around your area . We have zero performing shop around here . Dallas or Tx in general having some really good performing shop

thatdude305

Established Member
I just did this last month cost me $2500 parts and labor. I did the full tilt boogie kit with the ford racing diff cover. The had to charge me an extra $175 because there was one bushing that was extremely shot and they had go to Ford and get something in particular. But yeah its a lot of work

zredfire04

Established Member
i did my own urethane bushings when i rebuilt the diff.

it probably would have been easier if i was in a shop with a lift instead of my driveway with a jack...but it was a LOT of work. just an unimaginable PITA. i would charge at least $1k to do it for somebody else.

reminds me...i need new toe rods and sway bar links.

zredfire04

Established Member
i did new bearings, new trutrac diff, new gears, new polyurethane bushings, refreshed a cv axle, and FRPP diff cover.

creeping up on $2k in parts alone, and did all the work myself. if i had to pay somebody to work on my car, it wouldn't be road worthy LOL

04termi black beast

Established Member
i did new bearings, new trutrac diff, new gears, new polyurethane bushings, refreshed a cv axle, and FRPP diff cover.

creeping up on $2k in parts alone, and did all the work myself. if i had to pay somebody to work on my car, it wouldn't be road worthy LOL
Good for you that can do it by yourself. I could do it but leaving in an apartment sucks lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
95% of the people who have the FTBR don't really need it. There are effective alternatives for cheaper.

Now before the flame war starts, let me say this. I did the FTBR kit, would have been just as good with replacing with Max Motorsports kit, because of HOW THE CAR IS USED

My buddy took the FTBR kit to a shop to have it installed, didn't turn out well and he had to rework almost all of it. So, just because they say they can do it, doesn't mean it will be done right. And furthermore, shit ton of money / cost for a part doesn't always make it "better". All depends what your goals are for the car.

Last edited:

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
I ordered my bushing kit and diff cover yesterday, from everything I've heard and researched, it's worth it. Especially if you get wheel hop and want to track your car occasionally.
There's a lot of info on this, read up on it and you'll find out if you need it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread