Is 300 whp on 94' cobra possible? Give all your feedback!

Luis Palacios

Established Member
So far, I still can't find a 96'-98' in Cali :(

However, I did come across this 94' cobra that is completely stock with low mileage (50,000 miles) so that's good! I've been doing a lot of research on how to punch out 300 whp but most of the info i come across is outdated (2010 and below). Not sure how much has changed.

So, how can I achieve that power the easiest without blowing the engine and using it as a daily driver? And obviously, not spend huge amounts of funds. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

cbr repsol

Established Member
There are some 96 to 98s on craigslist in cali.
I just looked the other day . Plus I was thinking about selling mine.

cbr repsol

Established Member
The 94 only made like 240 flywheel. So in order to make 300 rwhp n/a on a 302 pushrod engine your going to have to change the heads to one's that flow more like aluminum Air flow research or some edlebrock rpm heads. Also changing the cam to.

cbr repsol

Established Member
If you don't want to tear into the engine you can also but a complete vortech supercharger kit.
They are about 4k for the kit ..will put you a little over your goal and like 315 hp and 350 to 370 torque on low boost.

Luis Palacios

Established Member
Won't the supercharger kit eventually blow the engine though? I've heard those engines are fragile.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Your only adding a little over 100 hp ...like I said it's low boost 6 to 8 pounds.
Put 20 pounds in it and you'll have a problem without proper engine components..then your looking at fully building the motor.
If 300 is all you want or need both options I gave you should work just fine.

cbr repsol

Established Member
I'm a nut I want 1000 hp . But I'm going to run a built motor with most likely a big turbo. Somewhere in the 25 to 30 psi range. I had a built boss stroker made for 1500 hp but I had to sell it due to nasty divorce.
Starting over sucks but at least I'm here to start on my car.

Luis Palacios

Established Member
Yeah 1000hp+ just isn't in my budget lol. I'm currently a college student so making 300whp is expensive as it is :D

cbr repsol

Established Member
Well if on a serious budget..you can try the market place here or ebay for a used kit.
If not new is more pricy and it's pretty competitive everywhere.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Aluminum Heads, Cam and upgraded intake. Along with exhaust (headers etc), and tuning should get you to your 300rwhp goal if not more.

Check out the Corral fourms under their pushrod tech section for various combos.

Example: One fellow with a stock shortblock, with a set of TrickFlowSpecialties 11R 190 heads, Comp Cams Xtreme Energy 270 cam (112lsa and 1.7 rockers) and a TFS R intake manifold (along with other supporting mods) was able to lay down 340+ rwhp.
A little more expensive than the usual cookie cutter TFS kits, but worth it in the end. Can save some money with buying good used parts as well.
Although the TFS kits produce good power for the money as well. However, with whats available today, there should be no excuse to not make 300+ rwhp.

Since you're in Cali, figure out what the smog nazis look for before you mod away.

On the other hand, a Vortech supercharger is another good way to increase power.
Keep the engine stock, add blower with upgraded fuel system (larger injectors and fuel pump) and MAF, with a PROPER tune/chip, it will make 350+ rwhp no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread