Is a Mach 1 even worth having?

Adam03GT

Established Member
I have an 03 Mach which just crossed over 30k miles. Its a flawless car. This car has so much life in it and so much potential, however im having trouble spending any money on it....

Is there any point in modding a Mach 1 when an 03-04 Cobra is in the close price range?

I guess im just stuck on whether i should mod this Mach or sell it for a terminator....:??:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Do a search if you want comparisons.

What kind of asshat question is that?....seriously.

YLDHORSE

Established Member
You can leave it stock or you can mod it to how you want it. Looks to me that you have your mind made up already. Sell the Mach and get a Cobra.

When I bought my Mach back in 03 I knew that a Cobra was faster but I did not care because I truely thought the Mach looked more aggressive then the Cobra.
I started modding the Mach and have not stopped.
Good luck with your car or your mods.
To give you a straight answer though, Yes it is worth having a Mach!

All motor FTW!

34413c86.jpg

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I have an 03 Mach which just crossed over 30k miles. Its a flawless car. This car has so much life in it and so much potential, however im having trouble spending any money on it....

Is there any point in modding a Mach 1 when an 03-04 Cobra is in the close price range?

I guess im just stuck on whether i should mod this Mach or sell it for a terminator....:??:

:read:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
What do you want it for? I think a mach 1 with blower is better than the iron block 03/04 svt.

If you are going to sell it for anything I would look at upgrading platforms to the s197 mustang. The chasis is that much better. A year or two the gt500 will be in the mid 20's and the new 400hp mustang gt will be out this spring.

The two options I would look at are this...
1. kb your mach 1.
2. No more money in the mach 1 and save for a gt500 or 11 mustang gt.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Dude, seems like you just doesnt really appreciate the car for what it is. Just sell it and get a cobra.

I have always wanted a cobra before i bought the mach, however after modding it I dont think it will be for sale anytime soon. There will definitely be alot more mods coming for the mach.

SpeedofSoundN2O

7500rpm Wheelie Puller
Established Member

i would have to concur....

the kind of person that asks that question, is the kind of person that just needs to sell it and get Datsun!!!!

more than likely, someone else will be doing the work for you anyways....so PLEASE save your Mach's life and sell it to someone who knows!!

JeromeMach1

Established Member
I guess im just stuck on whether i should mod this Mach or sell it for a terminator....

Depends what you want a car. I chose the Mach1 becasue I did not want a car that weighs 3800lbs, has the gear ratio of the T56, has an IRS, and has a roots blower.

Jerome

buckinwild

Established Member
If you like the car keep it and mod the h*ll out of it, its a proven fact money can make any car faster, I've seen soccer mom minivans run 11 sec. et's before but the choice is yours.

SpeedofSoundN2O

7500rpm Wheelie Puller
Established Member
I know this is considered heresy on this board, but really, Terminators ain't all that!
right on, i agree...no different than any other specialty stang...its what we do to them that really turn them into bad ass rides :beer:

Last edited:

radaman

Established Member
U R crazy for selling the mach, just forge the bottom end and make it a beast already. Something about that shaker that just looks better than a 03-04 cobra. JMHO!

GT500EA

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I'll tell you my opinion...I had an 04 Mach 1 and I enjoyed it...bought an eaton swap for it, forged pistons, rods, and crank...and when it all was about to be put in....I came across a deal on a modified 03 Cobra. It took me a couple days to figure out what I wanted to do...but in the end, I traded the Mach 1 in for the modded Cobra. And I dont regret it one bit...went from mild to wild. I personally think that the Cobra looks meaner than the Mach...the Mach looks basically like a GT with a shaker and a chin spoiler. Again dont get me wrong, I love the Machs but in the end...IMO, the Cobra is the better way to go. Put aside the roots blower, iron block, forged internals, 6 spd tranny, and IRS (which stock, IS weak)...the Cobra has a better resale value. I mean just look at the resale prices of a used Cobra to a used Mach 1. You cant argue with that. And also...the dollar to horsepower ratio definetly favors the Cobra. But in the end...Its all about what you like and want...but it sounds like you have already made your mind up......So come on over to the DARK side....lol..jk

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member

+1 :lol::lol:

OP sounds like you'd rather have the cobra anyway... I love both cars (Mach and terminator) but I couldn't give up my Mach for a cobra

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
the Cobra has a better resale value. I mean just look at the resale prices of a used Cobra to a used Mach 1.

Cobras have depreciated approx. the same amount as Mach 1's.

It boils down to what you want with the car. If you look at my mod list, you could say I should have bought a Cobra. :D

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
To me these are 2 different discussions. (wierd coming from a Cobra fanboi- I know). However, I think the 03/04 Mach1 is a GREAT car. In some aspects it has qualities that are BETTER than a Teminator- lighter wt and SRA for you qtr milers out there. OVERALL the Terminator is in fact a better car.

Most of this comes down to what you want the car for. If you are not wanting a 500 rwhp street/track monster and basic boltons on a quick daily driver are for you, than the Mach is a GREAT choice. But if you are willing to pay a bit more initially and you are pining for 500+ rwhp you'd be a fool not to go with a Terminator IMHO. But since you already have a Mach you may a well keep it and mod it- you will lose $ on the deal if you try to go the other way now. You could always just keep the Mach and buy a Cobra....

Right now Terminators are running about 5-7k more than the Mach1. (generally speaking.) If you are mechanically inclined you can forge the bottom end and put a nice procharger kit on for about 7k- and get into the 500-550 rwhp range. If you are like me and mechanical skills are lacking, it will cost you about 10k to do it.

Basically after you do the math- a modded Mach is in the same ball park pricewise as a Terminator. So pick your poison. Both cars are good.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
To me these are 2 different discussions. (wierd coming from a Cobra fanboi- I know). However, I think the 03/04 Mach1 is a GREAT car. In some aspects it has qualities that are BETTER than a Teminator- lighter wt and SRA for you qtr milers out there. OVERALL the Terminator is in fact a better car.

Most of this comes down to what you want the car for. If you are not wanting a 500 rwhp street/track monster and basic boltons on a quick daily driver are for you, than the Mach is a GREAT choice. But if you are willing to pay a bit more initially and you are pining for 500+ rwhp you'd be a fool not to go with a Terminator IMHO. But since you already have a Mach you may a well keep it and mod it- you will lose $ on the deal if you try to go the other way now. You could always just keep the Mach and buy a Cobra....

Right now Terminators are running about 5-7k more than the Mach1. (generally speaking.) If you are mechanically inclined you can forge the bottom end and put a nice procharger kit on for about 7k- and get into the 500-550 rwhp range. If you are like me and mechanical skills are lacking, it will cost you about 10k to do it.

Basically after you do the math- a modded Mach is in the same ball park pricewise as a Terminator. So pick your poison. Both cars are good.
BINGO!.

I must also add that it sounds like you've made up your mind. Hence my post.

Users who are viewing this thread