is everyone getting side skirt scratches

tonythetiger

Established Member
is everyone getting these suverly from rocks and people getting in and out(under the door and under the side scoops) door frame in front of side scoops chip really bad is this very normal??????

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Yes, all you have listed are getting beaten to death. My car is a daily driver, but still is taken care of well, no offroad rallying of any kind. I got mad at my wife because I thought the scratches were from her boots, but turns out rocks conveniently fly up against the rockers.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Just about every car with wide, sticky tires will have this. It's the unfortunate price you pay for performance. Try some of that 3M clear protective tape or splash guards.

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
yea. got em. got em within the first 6 months of ownership. drivers side only. looks like tiny holes. taking all painting gripes in to the dealer at once.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
might be a good idea to put a small piece of the invisible shield on each corner behind the wheel to save em

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Originally posted by GETTEUP
might be a good idea to put a small piece of the invisible shield on each corner behind the wheel to save em

on my car, I have the 3M stuff behind both wheels but the problem is mostly limited to the rocker and the bottom leading edge of the side scoop. I have 29,000 miles and the rockers have a lot of these, progressively worse as it gets towards the rear of the doors. I attribute them mostly to the crap that stays on the road until may from all the winter sanding / salting.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A common problem, especially if you do a lot of highway driving. Especially common up here in the northeast in the Spring because of the left-over sand on the roads. It like sandblasting your trim. Invisible Shield does help.

primo

Established Member
Got them bad. It realy shows on a black car too. The previous owner was in alaska and I heard the roads up there are atrocious. Both sides of side skirts, scoops, and the bottom 6" of the door. I was quoted around $2k in paint repair but was warned that since the tires are huge and are the culprit, it would happen again.

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
I too have the 3M on the backside fender, I just end up washing it away...but I do have scuffs on my side skirts probably from ppl gettin in and out. Fortunetly I just got mine out the paint/body shop so they gave me a nice little bottle of my paint...just got to touch it all up. JT

Users who are viewing this thread