IS-F vs KB Stang and C5Z06

j81234

Established Member
Went out with a couple buddies lately and got in a few runs. I was happy with the results. The runs with the stang he just gave up when I put a couple cars on him right from the start. I don't think his car was running great that night. Off the bottle he usually puts a couple cars on me. The vette does about the same to me off the bottle. I don't know everything about their set-up's, just numbers and what they told me. Should be re-running the vette here shortly. He didn't like losing and put a shot on the car...lol I think he is going to murder me.

I think the general consenses in the area is my car does not like the dyno. Last weekend I was sitting right next to a 530whp super charged C6. He got me by a fender.

IS-F 455whp
Joe Z intake
Custom Exhaust (Removed Secondary cats and mufflers)
125shot

KB Stang 530whp
2v MMR Motor
KB SC (Not sure on size)
Full Bolt-on's

C5Z06 470whp
Big Cam
Fast intake
LT's
All the normal bolt-on's

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7o-I49S6vI"]YouTube - ISF vs KB Stang and C5Z06[/nomedia]

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
The IS-F loves the spray! I killed one in my car on the 100 shot. He was surprised. I told him it's just a 99 Cobra with 150,000 miles and a little spray...

j81234

Established Member
The IS-F loves the spray! I killed one in my car on the 100 shot. He was surprised. I told him it's just a 99 Cobra with 150,000 miles and a little spray...

There is always someone faster, thats for sure.

j81234

Established Member
:rockon: i know this black is-f and that thing scoots out he's deep in the 11's
think he has a 125 shot and bolt-ons :beer:

I have talked to him a few times he was a big help with a few set-up questions I had. I would say my car dynoed very low considering the cars I have beat in it.

03snakeminated

Established Member
I have talked to him a few times he was a big help with a few set-up questions I had. I would say my car dynoed very low considering the cars I have beat in it.
yeah he seems a pretty cool dude, i ran him or should i say "tried" with my kb cobra but my car sc'r belt was slipping and finally snapped during our run so he didn't even bother posting the race, that same night he ran and beat a stockish c6z (he's a member here too) car's running strong

j81234

Established Member
Did a little rematch with the vette. He is now on a 150shot, so a little different story now...lol

venomws6

Established Member
Good runs ISF Sure love the juice...
Is your car 455rwhp N/A or with the 125shot?

Also what kind cam does the C5 ZO6 Have?? 470rwhp Boltons/cam is very hard to get!!

Thanks for sharing.

j81234

Established Member
Good runs ISF Sure love the juice...
Is your car 455rwhp N/A or with the 125shot?

Also what kind cam does the C5 ZO6 Have?? 470rwhp Boltons/cam is very hard to get!!

Thanks for sharing.

That is my dyno number on spray. I will ask him, not 100% sure on which cam he has. I know he said it was the nastest cam he could find...lol I know he dynoed last march at that number in good weather 60 degress or so with low humidity. I'm sure in the 75 degree weather and higher humity he is not hitting that number.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not down there right now. Used to live down in San Antonio. I will be back there hopefully at the end of the year. Loved living down there.

Oh ok, Im in San Ant. right now, but will be moving to FL here shortly...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
just watched the vid of you racing the 470rwhp C5Z + 150 shot and dont get how you stay so close to him.... :??:

j81234

Established Member
just watched the vid of you racing the 470rwhp C5Z + 150 shot and dont get how you stay so close to him.... :??:

I'm with you. I thought it would be a blood bath for me. I think he needs to sort out some things on the shot. It has a micoedge controller, which has a lot of different settings. We will run again shortly when he wants. It's run what you brung, so I'll take the close run...lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm with you. I thought it would be a blood bath for me. I think he needs to sort out some things on the shot. It has a micoedge controller, which has a lot of different settings. We will run again shortly when he wants. It's run what you brung, so I'll take the close run...lol

Yeah,

Definitely run what you brung! Your car is very impresive, I would have never imagined that those can get to run so strong. I like that fact that although it doesnt put out big numbers in the dyno, it stills kicks ass in the real world.

What are all the mods done to your car?

:beer:

F8l Vnm

Established Member

The race vids are awesome bro , thanks..and the car is defelt a sleeper..:beer:

But I do have to say a H/C/I and 150 shot C5Z is well enough for a 10 sec car at over 130 mph..

Users who are viewing this thread