Is it easy/worth it to add fans to a Afco H/E that doesn't?

Pure_Evil_GT500

LS7 BUD
Established Member
I got a great deal on a Afco H/E but the one without the fans for $250 brand new... The guy bought it then someone told him to get the one with the fans so he bought that too and had this one still on the box... Also does anyone have a diagram for the fuse box so I can use a wire to run the water pump while I'm in the staging lanes? Ive heard of people doing that...

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Thats all Van on this one. Im sure it can be done, but not sure if there is enough clearance because it is a tad bigger than Vans?
He sold it cheap for a reason.

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
They might make smaller fans, but the afco non fan is a smaller unit and doesn't have the same core that the c&r units have which make them a step above imo

Van@RevanRacing

I got a great deal on a Afco H/E but the one without the fans for $250 brand new... The guy bought it then someone told him to get the one with the fans so he bought that too and had this one still on the box... Also does anyone have a diagram for the fuse box so I can use a wire to run the water pump while I'm in the staging lanes? Ive heard of people doing that...

You'll probably only be able to fit a single low profile fan on the back. The only concern is the overall thickness and how the fan added might interfere or collide with the cooling legs that extend off of the A/C condenser line that runs in front of the radiator. Depending on the fan and the size and mourning location it will be very close.

Others have done this but I don't know of anybody with a 2010+ that has done it. Ford didn't add the A/C "condenser legs" until 2010. It looks like a long round brush.

Good luck.

Van@RevanRacing

So maybe I should sell it for a little more and grab one of yours Van?

I have them in stock. If you enjoy fabrication and going through the process of moving things around for fitment then more power to you.

I just wanted you to understand what you are faced with. My product will work and there are others that will still use the product you have in hand. Dual Fan versus single fan will work much better and keep you in the power.

If you'd like to give me a call tomorrow I can discuss the product more in depth with you.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread